Skip to main content

Display in two colouns

More
12 years 6 months ago #149895 by optimized
-- url of the page with the problem -- :http://optimizedpanama.com/starsupply/index.php/products/anillos/product/8-ansao-0004
-- HikaShop version -- : HikaShop Essential 2.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.2
-- PHP version -- : 5.4
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : all
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Error_message

Which file do I edit to display the description and price on the right hand side of the image?

Also, how do I reduce the size of the price display to a sensible size?

Thanks,

Mike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #149944 by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Display in two colouns
Hi,

You have to edit the view "product / show_default" via the menu Display > Views.
Regarding the price you can use some css properties.

Here is a tutorial to customize the layout:
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...ize-the-display.html

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #150012 by optimized
Replied by optimized on topic Display in two colouns
Hi Xavier,

Just checking that I am on the correct path here.

I select Display / Viewa and then filter on Front End / NewLifestyle template.then click on Prodict / Listing and am in the file product / listing.php ?

Is this correct?

Thanks,

Mike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #150016 by Mohamed Thelji
Hello,

Just checking that I am on the correct path here.

I select Display / Viewa and then filter on Front End / NewLifestyle template.then click on Prodict / Listing and am in the file product / listing.php ?

Is this correct?

As Xavier, said you'll have to :
- Go to the page "Hikashop->Display->Views"
- Edit the code of the "show_default" file of the "product" view of your front-end template

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #150142 by optimized
Replied by optimized on topic Display in two colouns
Hi guys,

Are you sure that this is the correct file to edit. As a test I changed for the title the code to

<span id="hikashop_product_name_main" class="hikashop_product_name_main">
<?php
if (hikashop_getCID('product_id')!=$this->element->product_id && isset ($this->element->main->product_name))
echo "Hello World";
else
echo "Hello World";
?>

But as you can see at optimizedpanama.com/starsupply/index.php...product/8-ansao-0004 the title of the product is still displaying (twice).

Also, as I am not a css expert, what code would I add where to make the price display look reasonable.

Thanks,

Mike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #150159 by Jerome
Replied by Jerome on topic Display in two colouns
Hi,

The product name is not displayed twice.
The product name and the product code are displayed. But in your case, both are identical.

You have to deactivate the display of the product code in the HikaShop configuration ; unless you want to display it.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #150162 by optimized
Replied by optimized on topic Display in two colouns
Hello Jerome,

Thanks for clearing up that issue,

My real problem with this page is the layout - I want the description and price to be shown in a second column to the right hand side of the image.

I was instructed to edit the view "product / show_default" via the menu Display > Views. but I changed echo JHTML::_('content.prepare',preg_replace('#<hr *id="system-readmore" */>#i','',$this->element->product_description)); to echo "Hello World"; but the description still appears at optimizedpanama.com/starsupply/index.php...product/8-ansao-0004

So I want to know if I am editing the correct file as my changes are not working?

Thanks,

Mike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #150166 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Display in two colouns
Hi,

You are not using the default product page layout but the tabular product page layout (option "layout of product page" of the configuration/categories/products), so it's actually the show_tabular view file that you want to edit.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #150347 by optimized
Replied by optimized on topic Display in two colouns
Hi Nicolas,

Well that certainly explains a lot!

I have now added echo "Hello World"; to the top, left and right sections but as you can see at :

optimizedpanama.com/starsupply/index.php...product/8-ansao-0004

the tabular part is not working correctly as the the right part is displayed underneath the left part.

How do we correct this issue?

Thanks,

Mike

Actually, the problem was caused by the Price Display size being 3EM in the template
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by optimized. Reason: New information

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #150395 by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Display in two colouns
Hi,

Yes generally it's a css issue, you have to force the width of the left and right part with some css rules.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.296 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum