- Posts: 846
- Thank you received: 92
need boostrap recommandation with hikashop
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #150059
by lionel75
need boostrap recommandation with hikashop was created by lionel75
Hi
I study bootstrap alone and it is very powerfull but it is a different thing when we use a CMS ( joomla or others) .I see a commercial implementation where even a subset of bootstrap menu is a paid option !!!
Menu is the key "component" to understand joomla ...... and bs3 for menu can be level limited ! ! !
a-- Even it is not a forum for joomla but HKS support bootstrap ; i need to know which bootstrap/joomla implementation re-implement ( override) all the extension bundle by default in joomla in the bootstrap way ( css js image).
b-- Is there in forum section call "showcase" some bootstrap HKS project ?
c- what is the best way to make joomla bootstrap compatible ?
c1-- change in webserver the php code to support css name but menu class suffix is only for one tag element ( is it efficient when li a need some )
c2-- change in clientside the html by inject css/HTML element tag name before use bootstrap javascript ?
c3-- find a implementation that support HKS layout way ?
I not against pay for bootstrap ( free by default) implementation / port in joomla but in some case the forum is only for buyer( pay member) and i find this not professionnel . Many time the webpage speak about boostrap but not of bootstrap and joomla ... I don't need a bootstrap backend admin tool i search extension implementation of bootstrap ! ( support all bootstrap menu is the more important thing and i need thoses kind of information before buy or make a my review ).
I write this with j25 in mind , I ll test j3 to understand what mean BS support !
Regard's
I study bootstrap alone and it is very powerfull but it is a different thing when we use a CMS ( joomla or others) .I see a commercial implementation where even a subset of bootstrap menu is a paid option !!!
Menu is the key "component" to understand joomla ...... and bs3 for menu can be level limited ! ! !
a-- Even it is not a forum for joomla but HKS support bootstrap ; i need to know which bootstrap/joomla implementation re-implement ( override) all the extension bundle by default in joomla in the bootstrap way ( css js image).
b-- Is there in forum section call "showcase" some bootstrap HKS project ?
c- what is the best way to make joomla bootstrap compatible ?
c1-- change in webserver the php code to support css name but menu class suffix is only for one tag element ( is it efficient when li a need some )
c2-- change in clientside the html by inject css/HTML element tag name before use bootstrap javascript ?
c3-- find a implementation that support HKS layout way ?
I not against pay for bootstrap ( free by default) implementation / port in joomla but in some case the forum is only for buyer( pay member) and i find this not professionnel . Many time the webpage speak about boostrap but not of bootstrap and joomla ... I don't need a bootstrap backend admin tool i search extension implementation of bootstrap ! ( support all bootstrap menu is the more important thing and i need thoses kind of information before buy or make a my review ).
I write this with j25 in mind , I ll test j3 to understand what mean BS support !
Regard's
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by lionel75.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 6 months ago #150282
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic need boostrap recommandation with hikashop
Hi,
The best way to have a responsive shop is to use Joomla 3.x which integrate natively Bootstrap 2.3.2 (not Bootstrap 3).
HikaShop is 100% responsive, you just have to enable the bootstrap mode and have a compatible template.
In the showcase, I don't know if there is responsive site.
To see how it's working, you can see how is made the default Joomla template, which is a responsive one.
Or see here:http://www.hikashop.com/download/templates-for-hikashop.html
If there is no responsive templates proposed.
The best way to have a responsive shop is to use Joomla 3.x which integrate natively Bootstrap 2.3.2 (not Bootstrap 3).
HikaShop is 100% responsive, you just have to enable the bootstrap mode and have a compatible template.
In the showcase, I don't know if there is responsive site.
To see how it's working, you can see how is made the default Joomla template, which is a responsive one.
Or see here:http://www.hikashop.com/download/templates-for-hikashop.html
If there is no responsive templates proposed.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.138 seconds