- Posts: 222
- Thank you received: 1
url and canonical url?
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #150583
by Vero
url and canonical url? was created by Vero
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
mywebsite.com/mypage
-- HikaShop version -- : x.x.x
-- Joomla version -- : x.x
-- PHP version -- : x.x.x
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : XXXXX x.x.x
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Error_message
Latest versions.
www.adrialle-cadeau.com/kadokadootje/kadootjes
I don't understand what I have to add if product url and goed or not I added canonical url's....
I have in main menu "KADOOTJES" (Gifts). This page shows all products (overview). On right I have two modules from hikashop: Prices categories and product categories (the same product is showing in three or four categories).
For example,
product "Tas-/Sleutelhanger Open Hart". I can reach this page through three url's:
1. www.adrialle-cadeau.com/kadokadootje/kad...utelhanger-open-hart -(from main menu)
2. www.adrialle-cadeau.com/kadokadootje/cat...utelhanger-open-hart -(from category "key chains")
3. www.adrialle-cadeau.com/kadokadootje/gew...utelhanger-open-hart -(from price category )
The first url I added us CANONICAL when I created this product.
What url I have to add to URL line?
Please, tell me what is the best for SEO.
Thanks, vero
-- HikaShop version -- : x.x.x
-- Joomla version -- : x.x
-- PHP version -- : x.x.x
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : XXXXX x.x.x
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Error_message
Latest versions.
www.adrialle-cadeau.com/kadokadootje/kadootjes
I don't understand what I have to add if product url and goed or not I added canonical url's....
I have in main menu "KADOOTJES" (Gifts). This page shows all products (overview). On right I have two modules from hikashop: Prices categories and product categories (the same product is showing in three or four categories).
For example,
product "Tas-/Sleutelhanger Open Hart". I can reach this page through three url's:
1. www.adrialle-cadeau.com/kadokadootje/kad...utelhanger-open-hart -(from main menu)
2. www.adrialle-cadeau.com/kadokadootje/cat...utelhanger-open-hart -(from category "key chains")
3. www.adrialle-cadeau.com/kadokadootje/gew...utelhanger-open-hart -(from price category )
The first url I added us CANONICAL when I created this product.
What url I have to add to URL line?
Please, tell me what is the best for SEO.
Thanks, vero
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by Vero.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 6 months ago #150634
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic url and canonical url?
Hi,
Canonical is indeed for SEO improvement. The URL field is to set the external url of the product on the manufacturer website.
e.g: You sell the product ABC of the brand XYZ, so you can set the url of you product on the brand website which could look like: XYZ.com/product/ABC
Canonical is indeed for SEO improvement. The URL field is to set the external url of the product on the manufacturer website.
e.g: You sell the product ABC of the brand XYZ, so you can set the url of you product on the brand website which could look like: XYZ.com/product/ABC
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 6 months ago #150713
by Vero
Replied by Vero on topic url and canonical url?
I sell my own products. So, I have nothing to add in the url field?
Sorry, but this canonical url I not goed understand. Has it to be the url from main menu?
Vero
Sorry, but this canonical url I not goed understand. Has it to be the url from main menu?
Vero
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 6 months ago #150730
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic url and canonical url?
Yes, in this case you have nothing to add in the url field.
Regarding the canonical, you have to set one valid url to your product page.
It's useful in case of you have many urls for one product, for example if you can reach it from different menus.
The canonical url add code in the header of the page, by this way the bot will only take this url for the seo, and not each urls for one product.
Regarding the canonical, you have to set one valid url to your product page.
It's useful in case of you have many urls for one product, for example if you can reach it from different menus.
The canonical url add code in the header of the page, by this way the bot will only take this url for the seo, and not each urls for one product.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vero
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 6 months ago #150847
by Vero
Replied by Vero on topic url and canonical url?
Thank You.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.262 seconds