- Posts: 30
- Thank you received: 1
Categories module dissapears
-- HikaShop version -- : Starter 2.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.2
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.28
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chromium Versión 33.0.1750.152 (256984)
Hi, the thing is that I have created a joomla mode type Hikashop content, in order to show a category listing in left position, and everything seems to be fine. But when I click on any category in that list, the module itself dissapears.
Please help me.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
That's probably a problem in the Joomla options of this module, regarding the menu assignment.
The module seems to be restricted to certain menus, so you have to add the desired menu in the options.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
But is not an issue regarding to menu option in Joomla module settings. Even thought I have created a manual subcategory option in main menu, and after that, I have assigned this menu option to the Hikashop category list module, and it dissapears as well, if I click on any element on it.
I would aprreciate your help with this issue.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Having a link to your website will help us to understand the problem.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
www.dadatecnologia.com/products
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Well, your module use another menu.
"/products" is menu 803.
"/hikashop-menu-for-categories-listing/" is menu 789.
You have two different url and two different menus.
Because they are not configured the same, you have different display.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I have deleted the Joomla modules, and content module in order to start from scratch. Even I have followed this tutorial: www.joomtemp.com/index.php/tutorials/hik...duct-categories-menu
But I have the same result!, the same problem, the menu dissapears when I click on it, I almost lost my mind
Thanks in advance
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Edited.
Now I understand you, I have deleted the 789 menu item:
hikashop-menu-for-categories-listing
And the issue is still there, so, this is not causing the issue.
Please help me with this, is important.
Thanks in advance
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Are there anything else that should I do in order to get some help?, do I have to pay or something? Tell me because this is quite important for me.
With my best regards,
David
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I will try to explain it clearly, the category listing module is enabled on the menu you gave us.
When you click on a category, it open the menu specified in the category listing module (last option on the left side).
So you have to edit the module assignment on that menu, in order to enable the category listing module.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Simply select there a menu item which is of the type "HikaShop category listing". If you don't have such menu item, you can create one via the menu manager of Joomla as explained in this documentation:
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...html#categories_menu
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/6...html#categories_menu
Regarding to the menu and the category module, and as a result, is a mess, take a look at this:
www.dadatecnologia.com/com-issuetracker-...nu-people/categorias
I don't know what to do.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Here are the screenshots of module and menu settings I have.
Thanks in advance :S
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
In your categories listing module's "menu" option you have the "Categories listing" menu item selected, while your second screenshot of your categories listing menu item has the name "Categorias". So you didn't select the menu item you created in your module's "menu" option.
So even though your "Categorias" menu item is properly configured, your module is not using it, and thus you still have the same problem.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
With dropdown I have set the same settings of demo site and is fine now. But let me tell you that I couln't imagine how to do that reading the option labels only, not at all.
But this extension is out of the box!
I want to say thank you for your help!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.