Create product link in article
- nico.van.leeuwen
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
12 years 5 months ago #153996
by nico.van.leeuwen
Create product link in article was created by nico.van.leeuwen
Hi,
I've been looking for the possibilitie to create a link to a Hikashop product with a custom text.
Something like a text "Buy this product" that links to a product detail page.
Tried it with the plugin at the bottom of the article editor but could not get it right.
Did I do this wrong of is it not possible this way ?
Thanks for any tips !
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.2.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.2.3
I've been looking for the possibilitie to create a link to a Hikashop product with a custom text.
Something like a text "Buy this product" that links to a product detail page.
Tried it with the plugin at the bottom of the article editor but could not get it right.
Did I do this wrong of is it not possible this way ?
Thanks for any tips !
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.2.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.2.3
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
12 years 5 months ago #154000
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Create product link in article
Hello,
A solution can be to use the following plugins to add your products link to your Joomla articles :
- Hikashop product TAG insertion
- Hikashop product TAG translation
Here is the documentation for more information : www.hikashop.com/index.php/support/docum...-product-insert.html
A solution can be to use the following plugins to add your products link to your Joomla articles :
- Hikashop product TAG insertion
- Hikashop product TAG translation
Here is the documentation for more information : www.hikashop.com/index.php/support/docum...-product-insert.html
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- nico.van.leeuwen
-
Topic Author
- Offline
12 years 5 months ago #154081
by nico.van.leeuwen
Replied by nico.van.leeuwen on topic Create product link in article
Hi Mohamed,
Thanks for your reply.
Unfortuntely this is not what I am looking for.
I've been trying these plugins but I cannot create a link from my own text to a product this way (I still hope I'm wrong and that it is possible
).
In that case I will have to create a link by copying the link from the product detail page an create it by hand.
It will be less "change proof" but it will work for now.
Maybe there are more customers who would like a feature like this and we can see it in the future ?
Thanks again !
Nico
Thanks for your reply.
Unfortuntely this is not what I am looking for.
I've been trying these plugins but I cannot create a link from my own text to a product this way (I still hope I'm wrong and that it is possible
In that case I will have to create a link by copying the link from the product detail page an create it by hand.
It will be less "change proof" but it will work for now.
Maybe there are more customers who would like a feature like this and we can see it in the future ?
Thanks again !
Nico
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
12 years 5 months ago #154097
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Create product link in article
Hi Nico,
Sure, we can maybe add an option through the product insert plugins so that you can add a custom text instead of your product name.
I'll add it on our todo list
.
Sure, we can maybe add an option through the product insert plugins so that you can add a custom text instead of your product name.
I'll add it on our todo list
The following user(s) said Thank You: nico.van.leeuwen
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 2 months ago #166204
by bmichu
Replied by bmichu on topic Create product link in article
Hi Mohamed,
Anything new on this? I'm also looking for a possibility of linking custom text to our products.
Thanks,
Michel
Anything new on this? I'm also looking for a possibility of linking custom text to our products.
Thanks,
Michel
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 2 months ago #166214
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Create product link in article
Hi,
Mmm. I'm not sure that everyone is talking about the same thing here.
If you want a link to a product page, you can directly enter the HTML of a A tag wherever you want with the href attribute containing the URL of the product in that way: mywebsite.com/index.php?option=com_hikas...=show&product_id=XXX
You can have the text you want in your A tag.
Regarding the possibility of changing the product name of the link generated by the HikaShop tag system to something else stored in a custom product field of the product, it's actually quite easy to do.
First, copy the file plugins/system/hikashopproductinsert/hikashopproductinsert_view.php to templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/system/hikashopproductinsert_view.php and edit that copy and change the line:
echo $product->product_name;
to:
echo $product->FIELD;
where FIELD is the column name of the custom field. That's it. You'll now be able to create links to the product page with the text of the link coming from a custom field of the product.
Mmm. I'm not sure that everyone is talking about the same thing here.
If you want a link to a product page, you can directly enter the HTML of a A tag wherever you want with the href attribute containing the URL of the product in that way: mywebsite.com/index.php?option=com_hikas...=show&product_id=XXX
You can have the text you want in your A tag.
Regarding the possibility of changing the product name of the link generated by the HikaShop tag system to something else stored in a custom product field of the product, it's actually quite easy to do.
First, copy the file plugins/system/hikashopproductinsert/hikashopproductinsert_view.php to templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/system/hikashopproductinsert_view.php and edit that copy and change the line:
echo $product->product_name;
to:
echo $product->FIELD;
where FIELD is the column name of the custom field. That's it. You'll now be able to create links to the product page with the text of the link coming from a custom field of the product.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.181 seconds