- Posts: 214
- Thank you received: 7
Editing the "Add to cart" table area
- conticreative
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
12 years 5 months ago #154374
by conticreative
Editing the "Add to cart" table area was created by conticreative
I am using a template without bootstrap and I am finding a lot of stuff that simply looks pretty bad by default.
One thing I would like to pretty up a bit is the quantity and add to cart table with the + and - that is under
hikashop_product_stock
I am having a real hard time styling the <table> properly and I am not sure a table is needed for that. I can probably save space and make the styling a lot easier if I take the code out of the table and build it myself.
Problem is that in the Display > Views area I have been unable to find the proper file to edit. As a matter of fact, I never seem to be able to find what I am looking for there, which tells me that maybe I am not looking properly.
I am hoping that searching (or asking about) this Quantity +- "add to cart" unit may help me find a way to search for the code to change more effectively.
once I find the code (which I managed to do a couple of times) I usually know what to do or at least I can get insights as to how the page works (for instance, if there is a switch that lets me build the quantity with or without a table). But until I find an effective way to find the code I am looking for in the Display>> Views area I think I am destined to get frustrated.
In this case, my goal is to be able to act upon the table cells in that table with a bit more precision. Being able to apply a class or even build my own layout would be great. But after about an hour of searching I haven't even got close to finding out where the code is.
Thank you so much for the help.
One thing I would like to pretty up a bit is the quantity and add to cart table with the + and - that is under
hikashop_product_stock
I am having a real hard time styling the <table> properly and I am not sure a table is needed for that. I can probably save space and make the styling a lot easier if I take the code out of the table and build it myself.
Problem is that in the Display > Views area I have been unable to find the proper file to edit. As a matter of fact, I never seem to be able to find what I am looking for there, which tells me that maybe I am not looking properly.
I am hoping that searching (or asking about) this Quantity +- "add to cart" unit may help me find a way to search for the code to change more effectively.
once I find the code (which I managed to do a couple of times) I usually know what to do or at least I can get insights as to how the page works (for instance, if there is a switch that lets me build the quantity with or without a table). But until I find an effective way to find the code I am looking for in the Display>> Views area I think I am destined to get frustrated.
In this case, my goal is to be able to act upon the table cells in that table with a bit more precision. Being able to apply a class or even build my own layout would be great. But after about an hour of searching I haven't even got close to finding out where the code is.
Thank you so much for the help.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 5 months ago #154421
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Editing the "Add to cart" table area
Hi,
The code displaying that is not in a view file but in the file administrator/components/com_hikashop/helpers/cart.php in the function "displayButton".
Actually, that code will be moved to a view file which will be called "show_quantity" starting in next release of HikaShop. So you would have found it right away with next version, but for now, either you directly edit that helpers/cart file, or you use a quantity field display override in your template, as explained in the developer documentation:
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...tation.html#override
The code displaying that is not in a view file but in the file administrator/components/com_hikashop/helpers/cart.php in the function "displayButton".
Actually, that code will be moved to a view file which will be called "show_quantity" starting in next release of HikaShop. So you would have found it right away with next version, but for now, either you directly edit that helpers/cart file, or you use a quantity field display override in your template, as explained in the developer documentation:
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...tation.html#override
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- conticreative
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 214
- Thank you received: 7
12 years 4 months ago #154593
by conticreative
Replied by conticreative on topic Editing the "Add to cart" table area
Thank you. No wonder I was going crazy trying to find it. I guess I will wait for the new version.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds