- Posts: 75
- Thank you received: 7
Make Hikashop category links match Joomla menu?
- wildweststudios
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
12 years 4 months ago #154473
by wildweststudios
Make Hikashop category links match Joomla menu? was created by wildweststudios
Hi all, I'm using HikaShop Business: 2.3.0 on Joomla 3.3.0 Stable. PHP is version 5.3.28.
I have a category linked directly from a Joomla menu, and the same category that is linked from the "Categories Listing" display of Hikashop.
If you were to view this page:
playerkits.com/product-options
you will see that the category showing in the main page of "My Products" has this link:
playerkits.com/product-options/category/45-my-products
this is not the one that I want.
If you check the module showing to the left, you will see that the "My Products" link is as such:
playerkits.com/my-products
This is the link that I want. How can I make the category links that Hikashop generates match the Joomla menu I define?
This is not just a matter of Canonical links. The way the Hikashop menu is generated, the category does not become it's own separate page, but rather is still regarded as a subpage the the current page.
For example, the first page " playerkits.com/product-options " has a menu ID of 223.
If you click the Hikashop generated category link to "My Products", it still shows as being ID 223 in the body tag class. If you click the link in the module, it is a new page and shows with an ID of 224.
This matters because sometimes I must refer to the body class in my css and the pages can look different if I can't do that.
Thanks for your assistance and let me know if further explanation is required.
I have a category linked directly from a Joomla menu, and the same category that is linked from the "Categories Listing" display of Hikashop.
If you were to view this page:
playerkits.com/product-options
you will see that the category showing in the main page of "My Products" has this link:
playerkits.com/product-options/category/45-my-products
this is not the one that I want.
If you check the module showing to the left, you will see that the "My Products" link is as such:
playerkits.com/my-products
This is the link that I want. How can I make the category links that Hikashop generates match the Joomla menu I define?
This is not just a matter of Canonical links. The way the Hikashop menu is generated, the category does not become it's own separate page, but rather is still regarded as a subpage the the current page.
For example, the first page " playerkits.com/product-options " has a menu ID of 223.
If you click the Hikashop generated category link to "My Products", it still shows as being ID 223 in the body tag class. If you click the link in the module, it is a new page and shows with an ID of 224.
This matters because sometimes I must refer to the body class in my css and the pages can look different if I can't do that.
Thanks for your assistance and let me know if further explanation is required.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 4 months ago #154494
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Make Hikashop category links match Joomla menu?
You would have to edit the view file generating these links (probably the file "listing_img_title" of the view category" on your website and change the link generated by HikaShop to the link you want.
Or you could use a SEF extension like sh404sef and its alias system to replace the URLs.
Next version of HikaShop, which will be released this month will have a new option to automatically use the canonical URL as the link on the listings generated by HikaShop. And thus you could enter the menu item URL in the canonical URL parameter of the categories in order to get the same links.
Or you could use a SEF extension like sh404sef and its alias system to replace the URLs.
Next version of HikaShop, which will be released this month will have a new option to automatically use the canonical URL as the link on the listings generated by HikaShop. And thus you could enter the menu item URL in the canonical URL parameter of the categories in order to get the same links.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- wildweststudios
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 75
- Thank you received: 7
12 years 4 months ago #154578
by wildweststudios
Replied by wildweststudios on topic Make Hikashop category links match Joomla menu?
Ok, I understand. That makes sense.
Thanks for the assistance and info.
Thanks for the assistance and info.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 4 months ago #154580
by condorazul
Replied by condorazul on topic Make Hikashop category links match Joomla menu?
Thats really great!! waiting for next release
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- wildweststudios
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 75
- Thank you received: 7
12 years 4 months ago #154906
by wildweststudios
Replied by wildweststudios on topic Make Hikashop category links match Joomla menu?
Just as an update here, I decided to try SH404SEF, but that ended up giving me problems with some of the categories inexplicably giving me 404 errors.
That seemed to be overkill anyway, so I decided to use a plugin called ReDJ:
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/site-ma...url-redirection/7189
this one worked like a charm with no fuss no muss! try it out if you end up with url issues...
That seemed to be overkill anyway, so I decided to use a plugin called ReDJ:
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/site-ma...url-redirection/7189
this one worked like a charm with no fuss no muss! try it out if you end up with url issues...
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.283 seconds