- Posts: 56
- Thank you received: 1
Custom field DDL don't save value HikaShop 2.3.0
I have made a custom field in the product page for insert the Google Category for Google Merchant, this field is a single drop down list.
When I insert or modify a product the value that I set in this field is correctly saved, but when I go to modify the product, the value of the DDL is reset to default.
I've see some post that dealing with topics like this, but they relate at previous release of HiksShop or have a different problems.
www.hikashop.com/forum/product-category-...lt-value.html#123791
www.hikashop.com/forum/orders-management...t-fields.html#123548
www.hikashop.com/forum/install-update/86...-problem.html#123538
www.hikashop.com/forum/customers/861776-...possible.html#123326
I've HikaShop 2.3.0 Business
Many Thanks
Regards
Luca
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Could you try to update to the version 2.3.1 by downloading this version from our website and see if that solve the problem ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
where i go to download latest version from your site ?
Normally I update hikashop from the apposite menu inside it, but now it tel me: "You have the latest stable version of HikaShop Business: 2.3.0"
Many thanks
luca
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Here for the starter:
hikashop.com/extensions/hikashop-starter.html
And here if you have a commercial version:
hikashop.com/my-account/your-subscriptions.html
We don't changed yet the version for the auto update in Joomla, we are waiting for feedbacks before
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Hikashop I just upgraded to version 2.3.1, but the problem remains.
Do you have any suggestions ?
Many Thanks
Luca
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Someone have any idea about ?
Many Thanks
Luca
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
We will require more information to be able to investigate correctly on your problem.
Would it be possible to have a screenshot of your custom field configuration ?
Would it be possible to have a link to your website ?
Which Joomla version are you running ?
Can you reproduce your problem in our demo website ?
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
My Joomal version is 1.5.26
In your demo web site i can reproduce tha problem, if you see in the custom field section I've created a product custom field named google_category, if you go in a product detail and change this field when you click save button the custom fields automatically sets on default value.
Do you have any idea about ?
Many thanks
Luca
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Someone has news about the problem that I reported?
I would like to segnalere that the upgrade to version 2.3.1 of HikaShop in addition to not having solved the problem it has created new ones, the ones I've found so far are:
- Reports on the number of orders report a random number of orders (some hundreds more than the real ones)
- Automatic PayPal notifications via email (receipt of payment, amount erratto, etc..) are no longer arriving.
Do you have any solutions?
Many thanks
Luca
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Sorry for the delay.
For what I can see of your custom field configuration, the "value" is always the same.
Maybe there are some different at the end of the text, I don't know. But it is not a good thing to use such values for the drop downs.
Please use a smaller key or a number.
The value will be stored in the database and will be use for the drop down display when the selected value has to be choose.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
thanks for your answer,
Now i use for both value and option value of the DDL the same string that is the complete google product category string.
I know that this solution is non so good, but is the only one I know.
If is possible I can use an extra DB table with 2 columns (id and string_value), and I can use this table to gnerate html slelect element, but i don't know how to mke this solution.
First thing, is possible ?
If it is possible, how i can implement this solutions ?
For the other problems derived by the last update (2.3.1), which can be the possible solutions ?
Many Thanks, regards
Luca
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
The value is the key stored in the database.
So the dropdown use the value to know which element has been selected.
That's why it is better to keep it simple and that's why you have to use different values.
You just can't use the same value for every elements. That's won't work.
If you want to use an extra table, at this moment you will have to write your own custom field type using a plugin.
It will be the only way to manage the drop down on your own but I am not sure it will solve your problem, for the reason I've explained.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I tried to change the field value with a number key in place of the long string and it worked perfectly.
The solution was simpler than I thought
For the other problems that arose after last update( 2.3.1)
- Reports on the number of orders report a random number of orders (some hundreds more than the real ones).
- Automatic PayPal notifications via email (receipt of payment, amount erratto, etc..) are no longer arriving.
Some other user have this problems ?
I have installed the last update (2.3.1) before it is officially released in automatic update system, some corrections were made on that release before it was officially released ?
If i try to reinstall this update now I could solve the problems described ?
Many thanks
Luca
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
For the email notification :
www.hikashop.com/forum/orders-management...-payment.html#161434
For the report problem, can you please open a new thread. I don't think it has been reported yet.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.