- Posts: 139
- Thank you received: 1
Compulsory option
12 years 4 months ago #158180
by abasel
Compulsory option was created by abasel
I have an option with a product. When you go to the product, it default to "No".
I want the option to be compulsory ie. automatically selected with the No option removed or the purchase not happening unless selected.
I want the option to be compulsory ie. automatically selected with the No option removed or the purchase not happening unless selected.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 4 months ago #158250
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Compulsory option
Hi,
Then you should add a characteristic to your option so that you can have a variant for each choice of the option dropdown and do whatever you want. For example, you should have only one paid option in the dropdown (if the option only has one variant).
Then you should add a characteristic to your option so that you can have a variant for each choice of the option dropdown and do whatever you want. For example, you should have only one paid option in the dropdown (if the option only has one variant).
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 4 months ago #158333
by abasel
Replied by abasel on topic Compulsory option
Hi, I don't think that this will work in this case because the main product has a discount but not the option. If I do it via a characteristic then the total amount will be discounted.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 4 months ago #158336
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Compulsory option
Hi,
No that won't be a problem (remember that I'm talking about adding a characteristic to the option product, not to the main product itself). Only the option will be discounted not the main product.
No that won't be a problem (remember that I'm talking about adding a characteristic to the option product, not to the main product itself). Only the option will be discounted not the main product.
The following user(s) said Thank You: abasel
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 4 months ago #158484
by abasel
Replied by abasel on topic Compulsory option
Worked like a dream
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.227 seconds