- Posts: 147
- Thank you received: 6
Remove Inline Style
12 years 4 months ago #158753
by maujbigo
Remove Inline Style was created by maujbigo
Hi All,
I wonder how I could turn off the inline style on HikaShop.
I turned off the style, or set it to none in the admin, but I still get the styles on the <head> and also inline style.
How can I get rid off that?
Thanks
-- url of the page with the problem -- : mywebsite.com/mypage
-- HikaShop version -- : Essential 2.3.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3
-- PHP version -- : 5.4
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : XXXXX x.x.x
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Error_message
I wonder how I could turn off the inline style on HikaShop.
I turned off the style, or set it to none in the admin, but I still get the styles on the <head> and also inline style.
How can I get rid off that?
Thanks
-- url of the page with the problem -- : mywebsite.com/mypage
-- HikaShop version -- : Essential 2.3.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3
-- PHP version -- : 5.4
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : XXXXX x.x.x
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Error_message
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 3 months ago #158812
by lousyfool
Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )
Replied by lousyfool on topic Remove Inline Style
As the name states, "in-line" styles are style attributes set in the HTML or PHP code. So, to get rid of them in HikaShop, you'll need to edit views - and probably many of them, depending on which ones you are using. However, HikaShop offers you a way in the backend to edit these views without messing with core files, so you'd be still ok when updating one day.
As for all other styles, they are coming from a CSS file, as very common these days. You can override that, and the HikaShop backend offers an easy way to create a custom override CSS file - again, safely regarding updates.. The most simple, fastest but also "brutal" way to get rid of all that would be to completely delete all content of that custom file and save it empty. The result will then entirely depend on your template, and you might be up for a (bad) surprise. Well, you can always delete the custom file and be back to default, then rather work on one style at a time...
Other than that, it's always worth reading documentation, wouldn't you agree? There's a whole lot on this site - click on "Support" here above again and browse from there.
As for all other styles, they are coming from a CSS file, as very common these days. You can override that, and the HikaShop backend offers an easy way to create a custom override CSS file - again, safely regarding updates.. The most simple, fastest but also "brutal" way to get rid of all that would be to completely delete all content of that custom file and save it empty. The result will then entirely depend on your template, and you might be up for a (bad) surprise. Well, you can always delete the custom file and be back to default, then rather work on one style at a time...
Other than that, it's always worth reading documentation, wouldn't you agree? There's a whole lot on this site - click on "Support" here above again and browse from there.
Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 3 months ago #158754
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Remove Inline Style
Hi,
You can override the css properties in your css file thanks to "!important", like:
You can override the css properties in your css file thanks to "!important", like:
Code:
.class_to_override{color: #cccccc !important;}
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 3 months ago #158886
by maujbigo
Replied by maujbigo on topic Remove Inline Style
Hi guys,
Thanks for the response. I am aware of both option '!important and Display/views' edit.
I thought I was missing something because on the configurations I set the CSS to 'NONE'.
Just as a feedback on this great extension. It would be beneficial to have a ability to TURN OF ALL the css, including the inline. Rather than have to edit the views to remove it.
I like to keep the HTML Head clean, without styles.
Thanks, for the responses
Thanks for the response. I am aware of both option '!important and Display/views' edit.
I thought I was missing something because on the configurations I set the CSS to 'NONE'.
Just as a feedback on this great extension. It would be beneficial to have a ability to TURN OF ALL the css, including the inline. Rather than have to edit the views to remove it.
I like to keep the HTML Head clean, without styles.
Thanks, for the responses
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 3 months ago #158909
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Remove Inline Style
Hi,
For some inline css properties we have no choice, we must use them because there is dynamic properties.
Things are calculated via some PHP and then applied inline with the PHP variable.
For the other things it's often float porperties, etc. So generally required but we note that some of these properties could be moved out from the views.
For some inline css properties we have no choice, we must use them because there is dynamic properties.
Things are calculated via some PHP and then applied inline with the PHP variable.
For the other things it's often float porperties, etc. So generally required but we note that some of these properties could be moved out from the views.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds