How category description under product listing
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #159437
by Tralala
How category description under product listing was created by Tralala
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
www.stofgilde.alstest.nl/
-- HikaShop version -- : latest, business
-- Joomla version -- : 3.2.4 (whith 3.3 no new user possible!)
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.25
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : FF, latest; Safari; Chrome
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Error_message
Normally category description appears above the product listing. I’d like to show is under the product-listing. How can I do that?
I suppose by making a change in one of the php-files. But which one? And which lines should I swap?
Or is there an other way?
An option that will do for me, should be making custom html-modules, and assign them to different (sub)category-pages. But I don’t know how to assign in Hikashop modules to separate (sub)category-pages, because that pages doesn’t have a menu-item.
-- HikaShop version -- : latest, business
-- Joomla version -- : 3.2.4 (whith 3.3 no new user possible!)
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.25
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : FF, latest; Safari; Chrome
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Error_message
Normally category description appears above the product listing. I’d like to show is under the product-listing. How can I do that?
I suppose by making a change in one of the php-files. But which one? And which lines should I swap?
Or is there an other way?
An option that will do for me, should be making custom html-modules, and assign them to different (sub)category-pages. But I don’t know how to assign in Hikashop modules to separate (sub)category-pages, because that pages doesn’t have a menu-item.
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by Tralala. Reason: solved
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 3 months ago #159460
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic How category description under product listing
Hi,
Indeed, having modules set to different categories could be a possibility. And as you say, by default, Joomla doesn't allow for that.
However, with Advanced Modules Manager ( extensions.joomla.org/extensions/style-a...les-management/10307 ), you can actually restrict modules to different categories of HikaShop.
So that's a first "easy" solution.
Otherwise, yes, it would require to modify the code of the file "listing" of the view "product"/"category" (based on the type of content of your menu) via the menu Display>Views and move the display of the description where you want:
Indeed, having modules set to different categories could be a possibility. And as you say, by default, Joomla doesn't allow for that.
However, with Advanced Modules Manager ( extensions.joomla.org/extensions/style-a...les-management/10307 ), you can actually restrict modules to different categories of HikaShop.
So that's a first "easy" solution.
Otherwise, yes, it would require to modify the code of the file "listing" of the view "product"/"category" (based on the type of content of your menu) via the menu Display>Views and move the display of the description where you want:
Code:
<?php echo JHTML::_('content.prepare',$this->element->category_description); ?>
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 3 months ago #159573
by Tralala
Replied by Tralala on topic How category description under product listing
Thank you Nicolas,
It’s almost done now. Almost…
I found this file:
../com_hikashop/views/category/tmpl/listing.php
But I think moving only the line you mentioned (line 60) will not be enough.
I tried now several attemps with moving a couple of lines starting with an if-statement, or starting with “<div>” of with “<?php”, but I didn’s find the right method.
So, which couple of lines should I move to which place?
It’s almost done now. Almost…
I found this file:
../com_hikashop/views/category/tmpl/listing.php
But I think moving only the line you mentioned (line 60) will not be enough.
I tried now several attemps with moving a couple of lines starting with an if-statement, or starting with “<div>” of with “<?php”, but I didn’s find the right method.
So, which couple of lines should I move to which place?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 3 months ago #159576
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic How category description under product listing
Hi,
Yes the view to edit is "category / listing", you can edit it via the menu Display > Views in order to not loose any changes when updating.
To have the category description at the end, you can move the code:
At the end of the view.
Yes the view to edit is "category / listing", you can edit it via the menu Display > Views in order to not loose any changes when updating.
To have the category description at the end, you can move the code:
Code:
<div class="hikashop_category_description_content">
<?php echo JHTML::_('content.prepare',$this->element->category_description); ?>
</div>
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 3 months ago #160407
by Tralala
Replied by Tralala on topic How category description under product listing
For everybody who wants to make this change too:
move the codelines 45 - 67 to line 113.
move the codelines 45 - 67 to line 113.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.175 seconds