Skip to main content

Google Product - MPN

More
12 years 3 months ago #159659 by kyteasdale
Hi All

Not sure where to put this - there is no Google Products under Special Features?

Anyway - having an issue getting my feed accepted. Everything goes through in the Merchant dashboard fine then is rejected by Human Eyes. I called google who have informed me it's due to the fact that my MPN's use the product name as the code, instead of another number.

Firstly - has anyone had this issue before? As far as I was aware, they just had to be unique, but they're now saying they can't be the product name, or alias/variation thereof.

Secondly - how can I change the export process to use the ID instead of product name to generate MPN? Or another number?

Thanks in advance for your help :)

Latest Versions of everything
feed available at orangereel.co/products/list.xml

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #159664 by Eliot
Replied by Eliot on topic Google Product - MPN
Hi there,

First of, can you make sure you enable the "Add Product Code" option in the Google product plugin. I guess you did but we never know ;).
Our plugin actually use the "product code" option ofyour product to fill up the MPN in google product's feed. As by default this field is created based on the product name, that's probably why they refuse you. However I have never seen this before. So what you can do is edit your product to create a unique product code for each product. It might be a bit long if you have a lot of product but it seems to be a valid option. You can also try without the "add product code" option enabled so maybe google won't bother you.

Let us know how it goes!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #160071 by kyteasdale
Replied by kyteasdale on topic Google Product - MPN
Hey Elliot - thanks for your reply.

I do have the Add Product Code enabled - but understand the need to check. I tried without but the feed needs it or Google wont accept. I'm going to have to manually add a code for each product - which given that there are a few hundred, wont be a fun morning!!

Thanks all the same for you help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #160073 by kyteasdale
Replied by kyteasdale on topic Google Product - MPN
I'm presuming there's no way to mass action this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #160096 by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Google Product - MPN
Hello,
Note that you can export your products through a CSV file, edit their product code through the CSV file, and import them back.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.189 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum