link to custom field
I did create custom field for my products as WYSIWYG, where I planning to put in HTML code product details.
What I want, I like to be showing as popup link (using Lightbox) under one of my already create text field .
here is my php code:
echo $this->row->product_info; --- text field column name under which I want to put link.
product_details --- new to be linked column name.
I hope I did put enough info to understand.
Please help me with solution.
Thank you .
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
here is how can be done if I want to link to YouTube page:
Here is my stuck problem: How I can replace external link to local custom field URL link?
I hope can be done.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
So you want that the link opens a popup with the video of the URL inserted in a custom field to display in a player if I understand. That will require another page on the website, like a joomla article (yes) so that you can embed a Joomla extension video player in it to display the video.
I don't see another possibility as the popup has to open another page and the simplest way to have another page on your website is to create a Joomla article.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I create html page on supporting server.
I create link in Lightbox code inside custom field product_info together with Tooltip code
www.performersheaven.com/index.php?optio...g&Itemid=586&lang=en
hover on Details Style 01 and click.
But I was hoping instead using separate page I can use custom field data and store there HTML code, was be more easy to organize 1000+ inputs.
Maybe that's give you something to think for next version , some extra option
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I did try do using article, but Article in pop window using URL link is opening with entire menus and other modules, I want only Simple HTML page.nicolas wrote: Hi,
I don't see another possibility as the popup has to open another page and the simplest way to have another page on your website is to create a Joomla article.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
this string is inside the code.
I'm really have no clue how to approach to this .
custom HTML pop page I decide to leave static for all language (to much to translate)
but the word "Details" is visible next to all other words already translated.
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Since that text is in a custom product field, The best would be to enter in your custom field only a translation key like DETAILS_FOR_PRODUCT_1 and then add a translation override:
echo $this->row->product_details;
with :
echo JText::_($this->row->product_details);
and that should do it.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
You are programmer, so you know the goal of programming... make simple is possible, using some catchy fix script and make global,
Thank you anyway , is still solution.
for now I maybe use, but my thinking was: you already have default fields, for example product code which is linking to product details, if I can somehow clone code with customize changing and make simple custom field link_to call "Details" and on back end text box with address to be linking was be cool, I can sacrifice tooltip, is not really that imported .
You think is possible?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Do I miss something, do I need include <a href> syntax ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
has to be syntax, I did put
still need many translations, unless I try instead text box try use WYSIWYG and try to add Language switch above on Back end.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
To avoid all these translations, you can potentially use the code:
And in the product custom field just put the link to the desired page.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I didn't try yet but this is very good idea, but still need Translation key only 1 for each language.
Translate : "Click for more Info" and "Details" strings.
I making strong coffee now and I will jump on this, see how this will work.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
here is my code:
I like Xavier idea, but also I want to include my Translation key.
My thinking is : replace: echo $this->row->product_info; for echo JText::_($this->row->product_details);
and in translation : instead link somehow put other variable : custom field : style_details_link
and then in this field put just URL address.
I'm not sure if I can include PHP code in translation
I'm kinda lost here
I will trying testing , but if you know how can be done, I will appreciate
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
something like :
or maybe add some script like:
If langage = ENG then:
echo '<a href="'.$this->row->style_details_link.'" target="_blank" title="Click for more Info">Details</a>';
if language =POL then:
echo '<a href="'.$this->row->style_details_link.'" target="_blank" title="Klick po wiecej info">Szczegoly</a>';
end if
something like that.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Keep the solution you had with the HTML
echo $this->row->product_details;
use that code:
echo str_replace('Details',JText::_('DETAILS'),$this->row->product_details);
Then, you can simply have such translation override, one per language:
DETAILS="Details"
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
this code going where?
can you tell me all including php code in table_listing.php ?
to make sure we on same page:
Detail is static only translate
tooltip " Style creating on PA600::testing and working on Pa600,Pa800,Pa900 and Pa3x::Click for more info" is variable input in custom field product page (this I like to be translate, but if is to much I will skip translation)
Beside I can create for tooltip translation key for each Language, is going to be only few version
I can do something like: TOOLTIP1, TOOLTIP2 etc and translate
URL address is variable, every style has different set of sounds,STSs, Pads etc... everyone gonna has own HTML page as a info
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
And I gave you the PHP code to include in your view: echo str_replace('Details',JText::_('DETAILS'),$this->row->product_details);
So you already have the answers to your questions.
And yes, we're on the same page.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Is working .
for now I leave how is it,
I need to improve few other things more imported.
later I will try to somehow translate ToolTip msg, but not now.
BTW Preview is working now on this forum :woohoo:
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.