- Posts: 191
- Thank you received: 5
Home page featured products link to actual page
I have added some featured products to the home page. When you click on a product it is not a page that is in the menu so I cannot add modules to it.
Example:
Link from home page:
www.fsfightgear.com.au/website/index.php...3-bad-boy-mma-shorts
Link from shop page (how the page should be):
www.fsfightgear.com.au/website/index.php...3-bad-boy-mma-shorts
The ideal would be to remove the 'component' and the 'hikashop' in the home page link url. Also, is there a way of removing 'shop-categories' and 'product' from the url? And if you click on category the 'shop-categories' and 'category'. The url's are very long.
Thank you
Regards
Lene
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
In the HikaShop settings of your related product module, you have to select another value for the option "Menu".
Just select a categories listing menu with a better url.
For the long urls, you can edit the settings in Configuration > Features > SEF in order to use smaller urls.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
That is great, that was an easy fix.
Thank you!
Regards
Lene
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I just discovered that the the featured products links to two different url's depending on where you click.
If you click on the image or the title it will take you to this page:
www.fsfightgear.com.au/website/index.php...3-bad-boy-mma-shorts
If you click on the 'choose options' it takes you to this page:
www.fsfightgear.com.au/website/index.php...3-bad-boy-mma-shorts
How can i make the 'choose options' go to the first link?
www.fsfightgear.com.au/website/
Thank you
Regards
Lene
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Thanks to edit the view "product / quantity" and replace:
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I tried the change for the home page template and the default template, in line 95, 117, 145 and 157 but it did not change the link (I hope changing the code in all those listed is not going to cause other issues??).
Anything I am doing wrong?
Thank you
Regards
Lene
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
Did you modified the code of the quantity file of the product view of your front-end template through "Hikashop->Display->Views" ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Yes, I changed the front-end template -> product / quantity.php file. This is for the default template used on the home page, but I also changed it for the website default template (picked the wrong template first).
Regards
Lene
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
You actually need to change the code:
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Sorry, but it is still not working. This is what I have:
<div class="hikashop_product_stock">
<?php
if(!empty($this->row->has_options)){
if($this->params->get('add_to_cart',1)) echo $this->cart->displayButton(JText::_('CHOOSE_OPTIONS'),'choose_options',$this->params,hikashop_contentLink('product&task=show&cid='.$this->row->product_id.'&name='.$this->row->alias.$this->itemid.$this->category_pathway,$this->row),'window.location = \''.str_replace("'","\'",hikashop_contentLink('product&task=show&product_id='.$this->row->product_id.'&name='.$this->row->alias.$url_itemid.$this->category_pathway,$this->row)).'\';return false;','');
}else{
This is from: view -> front-end -> fsfightergear-homepage -> product -> quantity.php
Website: www.fsfightgear.com.au/website/
Thanks
Regards
Lene
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Did you change it everywhere ?
Here is the complete code of the file:
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I tried replacing the code with the code you posted, cleared browser history, no changes.
The images and title directs you to: .../index.php/shop/mma-products/...
The choose option button directs you to: .../index.php/component/hikashop/mma-products/...
mma-products being the 'Product SEF name' in Hikashop.
Thanks
Regards
Lene
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
That's strange. Are you sure that you're editing the view file for your frontend template and not another template ?
Because you'll only see the change if you modify the view file for your frontend template.
Also, make sure that the cache is turned off on your website or you won't see the change.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Yes, I have been editing the front-end template that is set for the home page. I must be doing something wrong.....
The website is live now, so no longer i a sub-directory: www.fsfightgear.com.au/ .
It looks a bit incomplete when you click on this link from the home page.
Regards
Lene
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I checked the modification with the access you provided and it was indeed correct.
I've had to also add the code:
if(!empty($this->itemid)){
$url_itemid = $this->itemid;
}
else
before the code:
if(!empty($Itemid))
$url_itemid = '&Itemid='.$Itemid;
in the same view file and it's working now.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
That is great
Thank you!
Regards
Lene
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.