- Posts: 191
- Thank you received: 5
Remove product from shop front when out of stock
12 years 2 months ago #164086
by lt635
Remove product from shop front when out of stock was created by lt635
Hello,
Not sure if this is the correct forum category....
I need products with no stock to be automatically removed from the shop. I was hoping that by setting 'Display out of stock products' to 'no' that I would achieve this but that does not seem to work. I have also set the 'Update the product stock on confirmed status' to 'yes'.
Example:
www.fsfightgear.com.au/website/index.php...oodley-walkout-shirt
The stock is setup in the variant and not the main product, ie 1 x small, 1 x large.
I was reading the forum post below which seems to have the same issue:
www.hikashop.com/forum/import-export-csv...with-zero-stock.html
I would also like the same for category, if a category is empty it will not be displayed in the frontend.
Is there anyway I can achieve this?
Thank you
Kind regards
Lene
Not sure if this is the correct forum category....
I need products with no stock to be automatically removed from the shop. I was hoping that by setting 'Display out of stock products' to 'no' that I would achieve this but that does not seem to work. I have also set the 'Update the product stock on confirmed status' to 'yes'.
Example:
www.fsfightgear.com.au/website/index.php...oodley-walkout-shirt
The stock is setup in the variant and not the main product, ie 1 x small, 1 x large.
I was reading the forum post below which seems to have the same issue:
www.hikashop.com/forum/import-export-csv...with-zero-stock.html
I would also like the same for category, if a category is empty it will not be displayed in the frontend.
Is there anyway I can achieve this?
Thank you
Kind regards
Lene
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
12 years 2 months ago #164102
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Remove product from shop front when out of stock
Hello Lene,
1. If you have a product with variants which have stocks and variants which don't, the product will show so that your customer can at least purchase the variants in stock.
2. For your categories : you'll have to edit your category listing content menu/module, through "Hikashop->Display->Content menus/modules", and use the "Only display categories with products" option
1. If you have a product with variants which have stocks and variants which don't, the product will show so that your customer can at least purchase the variants in stock.
2. For your categories : you'll have to edit your category listing content menu/module, through "Hikashop->Display->Content menus/modules", and use the "Only display categories with products" option
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 2 months ago #164185
by lt635
Replied by lt635 on topic Remove product from shop front when out of stock
Hello Mohamed,
1. With the product it was the problem you listed in point two. I went into the product listing menu and set it to not show out of stock so it is now being removed. (There was no variant left in the example I had.)
2. I tried the same for categories, but that is not working. I am using the Accordeon from Joomlack for the sub-menu, but that is only picking up the menu listing so I cannot see that that should be the problem. All settings are set in Menu and Hikashop category menu.
Regards
Lene
1. With the product it was the problem you listed in point two. I went into the product listing menu and set it to not show out of stock so it is now being removed. (There was no variant left in the example I had.)
2. I tried the same for categories, but that is not working. I am using the Accordeon from Joomlack for the sub-menu, but that is only picking up the menu listing so I cannot see that that should be the problem. All settings are set in Menu and Hikashop category menu.
Regards
Lene
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 2 months ago #164228
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Remove product from shop front when out of stock
Hi,
2. They potentially don't manage this kind of feature. If you try with a default HikaShop menu / module the empty categories will not be displayed.
2. They potentially don't manage this kind of feature. If you try with a default HikaShop menu / module the empty categories will not be displayed.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 2 months ago #164312
by lt635
Replied by lt635 on topic Remove product from shop front when out of stock
Hello,
Ok, that is fine. Is there a way to have a message show only when a category is empty? Something like 'sorry, currently no items available in this category'?
Thanks
Lene
Ok, that is fine. Is there a way to have a message show only when a category is empty? Something like 'sorry, currently no items available in this category'?
Thanks
Lene
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
12 years 2 months ago #164325
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Remove product from shop front when out of stock
Hello Lene,
I think that you'll ind your answer through that thread : www.hikashop.com/forum/4-how-to/55625-em...mpty-categories.html
I think that you'll ind your answer through that thread : www.hikashop.com/forum/4-how-to/55625-em...mpty-categories.html
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.234 seconds