Skip to main content

Trying to do a couple of things

More
12 years 2 months ago #165897 by ninjab
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.2
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.20

Hi there,

Diving deeper into Hika, I am trying to achieve a couple of things and I would love it if someone could please help me with it, that would be great.

1. I have been trying to work out what Custom Items are, I havent been able to find an explanation in the Docs.

2. Is it possible to create a custom field (or item if I knew where you can actually enter in for this) and get only that specific custom field/item on your product page anywhere? If so could you please tell me the code in order to call upon that field? For instance I created a field called "Main Features", I then go to my product and enter in the text for it in the backend, and then I load my product page but it only displays this info in the 'Specifications' tab (in tabular view). I want the ability to display Main Features customer field/item on my page anywhere, if possible?

This has been pulling my hair out trying to work out the syntax in PHP. As I want to be able to disply HTML fields in both the tabs (but able to create new custom fields to them and not just have them in "Specifications") and I also want to create some accordion type parts in a right column to display info. However the accordion parts is not entirely necessary if its not possible (it would be possible if I can run plugins in the code of the template using Slider extension think)

But in order to achieve this I need to know how to call upon specific fields by name.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #165960 by Xavier
Hi,

Here is the documentation about custom fields:
hikashop.com/support/support/documentati...shop-field-form.html

To display a custom field anywhere, you have to edit the view "product / show_default" and use code like:
Code:
<?php echo $this->element->CUSTOMFIELD_NAME; ?>

Here is the documentation to customize the display:
hikashop.com/support/support/documentati...ize-the-display.html

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.179 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum