- Posts: 265
- Thank you received: 1
Product Search
- Holmes-Pierce
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
12 years 1 month ago #169007
by Holmes-Pierce
Product Search was created by Holmes-Pierce
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.2
Hello,
I would really like a search box on my website that will provide a product listing display not dissimilar from navigating through to the categories listing page. i.e. typing 'lotus' would return a page like the one /lotus. I would like the products to show the same as if you'd gone through the menus.
Is this possible?
Thanks,
Hal
Hello,
I would really like a search box on my website that will provide a product listing display not dissimilar from navigating through to the categories listing page. i.e. typing 'lotus' would return a page like the one /lotus. I would like the products to show the same as if you'd gone through the menus.
Is this possible?
Thanks,
Hal
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 1 month ago #169032
by lousyfool
Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )
Replied by lousyfool on topic Product Search
Hi,
You can do that with "filters" - a feature included in the HikaShop Business version.
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...-filter-listing.html
You can do that with "filters" - a feature included in the HikaShop Business version.
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...-filter-listing.html
Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )
The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Holmes-Pierce
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 265
- Thank you received: 1
12 years 1 month ago #169103
by Holmes-Pierce
Replied by Holmes-Pierce on topic Product Search
Thanks for your reply.
I already have filter options set for visitors navigating products on the site. i.e. I have drop down menus for brands, size etc. Its a shoe shop by the way.
What I would like is for a search term like 'Lotus', which is one of my brands to then show all products in a layout the same as if they had used the filtering options...
I already have filter options set for visitors navigating products on the site. i.e. I have drop down menus for brands, size etc. Its a shoe shop by the way.
What I would like is for a search term like 'Lotus', which is one of my brands to then show all products in a layout the same as if they had used the filtering options...
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 1 month ago #169110
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Product Search
Hi,
To filter on Brands, you have to select the "single dropdown" type, and then select "Brands" in "Apply on" option.
If you have a responsive deesign with bootstrap, you should have a search box in the dropdown, so it can be used to search on "Lotus" and then filter on that brand.
To filter on Brands, you have to select the "single dropdown" type, and then select "Brands" in "Apply on" option.
If you have a responsive deesign with bootstrap, you should have a search box in the dropdown, so it can be used to search on "Lotus" and then filter on that brand.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Holmes-Pierce
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 265
- Thank you received: 1
12 years 1 month ago #169173
by Holmes-Pierce
Replied by Holmes-Pierce on topic Product Search
Thanks for the reply.
I can filter Brands with the drop down already.
I want a single search box versatile enough to be able to search products based on the search term that the visitor uses. This would be available from the homepage, prior to navigating to any category listings and filtering options.
I would like this to then display as a category page.
The search box currently just lists possible categories and products in a list format not dissimilar to a google search.
I can filter Brands with the drop down already.
I want a single search box versatile enough to be able to search products based on the search term that the visitor uses. This would be available from the homepage, prior to navigating to any category listings and filtering options.
I would like this to then display as a category page.
The search box currently just lists possible categories and products in a list format not dissimilar to a google search.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 1 month ago #169178
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Product Search
Hi,
There is no option to have a text filter to search in the names of brands/categories in order to filter the products under the matching ones. That would require complex modifications of the file administrator/components/com_hikashop/classes/filter.php by a developer if you want to do it.
There is no option to have a text filter to search in the names of brands/categories in order to filter the products under the matching ones. That would require complex modifications of the file administrator/components/com_hikashop/classes/filter.php by a developer if you want to do it.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds