- Posts: 69
- Thank you received: 1
Custom Fields - how to display one at a time
- dkmetz@taylorbruce.com
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
12 years 1 month ago #169031
by dkmetz@taylorbruce.com
______________
Dennis Kmetz
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.3
-- PHP version -- : 5.4
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : How do I...
Hi,
I have several custom fields and I would like them to display in specific areas of my page (both front end product page and back
end product form page). I do not know PHP well enough to be able to pick a specific field to display and I need your help (please).
I am working with
- administrator/templates/isis/html/com_hikashop/product/form.php
- templates/tbdp/html/com_hikashop/product/show_bock_custom_main.php
and for the form.php file I would like to know how to change this existing code to display only a single custom field of my choice.
Here is your code
Can you help me and alter the above to show a specific field?
Thanks,
Dennis
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.3
-- PHP version -- : 5.4
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : How do I...
Hi,
I have several custom fields and I would like them to display in specific areas of my page (both front end product page and back
end product form page). I do not know PHP well enough to be able to pick a specific field to display and I need your help (please).
I am working with
- administrator/templates/isis/html/com_hikashop/product/form.php
- templates/tbdp/html/com_hikashop/product/show_bock_custom_main.php
and for the form.php file I would like to know how to change this existing code to display only a single custom field of my choice.
Here is your code
Code:
<?php
// **************** BEGIN CUSTOM FIELDS **************
if(!empty($this->fields)){?>
<table class="admintable table" width="50%">
<?php foreach($this->fields as $fieldName => $oneExtraField){
if(!$oneExtraField->field_backend){
if($oneExtraField->field_type != "customtext"){?>
<tr><td><input type="hidden" name="data[product][<?php echo $fieldName; ?>]" value="<?php echo $this->element->$fieldName; ?>" /></td></tr>
<?php }
}else{ ?>
<tr id="hikashop_product_<?php echo $fieldName; ?>">
<td class="key">
<?php echo $this->fieldsClass->getFieldName($oneExtraField);?>
</td>
<td>
<?php
if(!isset($this->element->$fieldName))
$this->element->$fieldName = $oneExtraField->field_default;
?>
<?php $onWhat='onchange'; if($oneExtraField->field_type=='radio') $onWhat='onclick'; ?>
<?php echo $this->fieldsClass->display($oneExtraField,$this->element->$fieldName,'data[product]['.$fieldName.']',false,' '.$onWhat.'="hikashopToggleFields(this.value,\''.$fieldName.'\',\'product\',0);"'); ?>
</td>
</tr>
<?php }
} ?>
</table>
<?php
// **************** END CUSTOM FIELDS **************
}?>
Can you help me and alter the above to show a specific field?
Thanks,
Dennis
______________
Dennis Kmetz
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 1 month ago #169039
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Custom Fields - how to display one at a time
Hi,
It's quite easy.
After the code:
foreach($this->fields as $fieldName => $oneExtraField){
You can add :
if($fieldName!='my_field_column_name') continue;
so that it will skip the display of the fields if their column name is not my_field_column_name.
Please note though that it will only not display the HTML of the fields. The javascript checks on the fact that the field is required will still be done so the system will prevent you from validating the form if you don't display required fields.
So the easiest in that case would be to not make them required.
It's quite easy.
After the code:
foreach($this->fields as $fieldName => $oneExtraField){
You can add :
if($fieldName!='my_field_column_name') continue;
so that it will skip the display of the fields if their column name is not my_field_column_name.
Please note though that it will only not display the HTML of the fields. The javascript checks on the fact that the field is required will still be done so the system will prevent you from validating the form if you don't display required fields.
So the easiest in that case would be to not make them required.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dkmetz@taylorbruce.com
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.175 seconds