- Posts: 22
- Thank you received: 0
Admin PRODUCTS taking forever to load
- wildplanet
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
12 years 2 weeks ago #172380
by wildplanet
Admin PRODUCTS taking forever to load was created by wildplanet
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
wildplanetdesign.com/rgindustries/administrator/
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.3
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.22
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox
When I click on "PRODUCTS" in the admin, it takes four to five minutes and usually just times out. This is not acceptable obviously especially since I am about to turn the site over to the clients after having just built it. Can anyone help? We have optimized the database. The front of the site is FAST, even when searching using multiple filters. Thanks in advance.
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.3
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.22
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox
When I click on "PRODUCTS" in the admin, it takes four to five minutes and usually just times out. This is not acceptable obviously especially since I am about to turn the site over to the clients after having just built it. Can anyone help? We have optimized the database. The front of the site is FAST, even when searching using multiple filters. Thanks in advance.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 1 week ago #172382
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Admin PRODUCTS taking forever to load
Hi,
I think that your current session is trying to load every products you got in a single page (which is a big amount of data).
The best will be to force the limitation of the number of products in the backend listing.
You can edit the file "administrator/components/com_hikashop/views/product/view.html.php" and replace
By
I hope it will help.
Regards,
I think that your current session is trying to load every products you got in a single page (which is a big amount of data).
The best will be to force the limitation of the number of products in the backend listing.
You can edit the file "administrator/components/com_hikashop/views/product/view.html.php" and replace
Code:
$pageInfo->limit->value = $app->getUserStateFromRequest( $this->paramBase.'.list_limit', 'limit', $app->getCfg('list_limit'), 'int' );
if(empty($pageInfo->limit->value)) $pageInfo->limit->value = 500;
Code:
$pageInfo->limit->value = $app->getUserStateFromRequest( $this->paramBase.'.list_limit', 'limit', $app->getCfg('list_limit'), 'int' );
if(empty($pageInfo->limit->value) || $pageInfo->limit->value > 100) $pageInfo->limit->value = 100;
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- wildplanet
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 22
- Thank you received: 0
12 years 1 week ago #172435
by wildplanet
Replied by wildplanet on topic Admin PRODUCTS taking forever to load
thank you, I did exactly what you said, and unfortunately the problem still persists. I can't even get the product page to appear. It is timing out after five minutes in my Firefox browser.
Please can you help me figure this issue out? The store is working perfectly in every other way. Is no one else having this issue? We have a very simple setup, only two categories. Thank you in advance
Please can you help me figure this issue out? The store is working perfectly in every other way. Is no one else having this issue? We have a very simple setup, only two categories. Thank you in advance
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- wildplanet
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 22
- Thank you received: 0
12 years 1 week ago #172439
by wildplanet
Replied by wildplanet on topic Admin PRODUCTS taking forever to load
Is there a way that I can hard code it so that just maybe one page comes up in the back end? Or maybe pre-filter it to a very specific type of product? Because once the page loads, everything is normal. Its just getting the page to open is what the problem is. I dont understand why I am the only one having this issue, my store is very simple. I only have one main category with two sub categories.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 1 week ago #172493
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Admin PRODUCTS taking forever to load
Hi,
The product page or the product listing ?
I have to admit that I am a little bit lost with your explanation now and I don't understand from where the problem could come from (because I don't understand what the problem really is).
Can you please provide us some credentials to see your backend directly ?
Some things are possible using view override but in your case I can't know if it is the solution.. I need to understand first.
Regards,
The product page or the product listing ?
I have to admit that I am a little bit lost with your explanation now and I don't understand from where the problem could come from (because I don't understand what the problem really is).
Can you please provide us some credentials to see your backend directly ?
Some things are possible using view override but in your case I can't know if it is the solution.. I need to understand first.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- wildplanet
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 22
- Thank you received: 0
12 years 1 week ago #172580
by wildplanet
Replied by wildplanet on topic Admin PRODUCTS taking forever to load
Its entirely in the admin. The PRODUCT listing page in the admin. I go to COMPONENTS ---> HIKASHOP , then click on PRODUCTS. It takes a long long time for the products to appear, up to five minutes.
Thanks
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- wildplanet
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 22
- Thank you received: 0
12 years 1 week ago #172590
by wildplanet
Replied by wildplanet on topic Admin PRODUCTS taking forever to load
Nicolas from Hikashop got into the admin for me and figured out the problem, apparently I dont have enough categories, there are only two categories with 22,000 product in each one, and he said it was because MySQL has to combine the product and the product_category tables before doing the sorting of the listing and that is why it is taking too long to load. He removed the sorting feature on the query and that fixed it, now i cannot sort but at least the products come up within several seconds.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 1 week ago #172591
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Admin PRODUCTS taking forever to load
Hi,
Thanks for sharing your solution.
Regards,
Thanks for sharing your solution.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.207 seconds