- Posts: 108
- Thank you received: 0
How to have a random image on a category ?
12 years 5 days ago #173532
by exlemor
How to have a random image on a category ? was created by exlemor
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
www.lotuswithingallery.com/index1.php
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.4
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.28
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Safari 7.1
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : None.
Hi there Nicolas/team,
I have the page www.lotuswithingallery.com/index1.php and I have set up the home page component to display 2 rows of 4 [8 categories] and I have the option Random so each time the page refreshes I see a different order to the categories and that's perfect...
but what I REALLY need/want is to have DIFFERENT images which come from the sub-products of said same category to show as the picture of the category ?
How do I do THAT?
[crossing major fingers this is possible as a feature WITHOUT having to hack the code/view which makes it hard / time taking to upgrade later]
I included a picture of the Hikashop options from the Home menu entry in case that helped.
Cheers,
Emmanuel.
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.4
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.28
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Safari 7.1
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : None.
Hi there Nicolas/team,
I have the page www.lotuswithingallery.com/index1.php and I have set up the home page component to display 2 rows of 4 [8 categories] and I have the option Random so each time the page refreshes I see a different order to the categories and that's perfect...
but what I REALLY need/want is to have DIFFERENT images which come from the sub-products of said same category to show as the picture of the category ?
How do I do THAT?
[crossing major fingers this is possible as a feature WITHOUT having to hack the code/view which makes it hard / time taking to upgrade later]
I included a picture of the Hikashop options from the Home menu entry in case that helped.
Cheers,
Emmanuel.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
12 years 5 days ago #173551
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic How to have a random image on a category ?
Hello Emmanuel,
There is no "random image" feature for category listing images so the only solution will be to directly use some customization code which will require some development skills.
There is no "random image" feature for category listing images so the only solution will be to directly use some customization code which will require some development skills.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 5 days ago #173642
by exlemor
Replied by exlemor on topic How to have a random image on a category ?
Salut Mohamed,
Well I'm sure that that would be a hot feature if it was possible
Is there any way to 'simulate' the same functionality with any of the modules? even if that meant having 8 modules in 2 rows of 4?
My brain is telling that's probably doable that way but figured I'd ask the experts
A+,
Emmanuel
Well I'm sure that that would be a hot feature if it was possible
Is there any way to 'simulate' the same functionality with any of the modules? even if that meant having 8 modules in 2 rows of 4?
My brain is telling that's probably doable that way but figured I'd ask the experts
A+,
Emmanuel
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 5 days ago #173668
by exlemor
Replied by exlemor on topic How to have a random image on a category ?
I've been thinking about this further... or trying 'stuff'
Couldn't I have 8 carousels 1 per category enabled that would show products from each category?
[the client should purchase Hikashop Commercial version anyways]
Only 2-3 issues I foresee...
1. Performance issue / bloated code from having 8 copies of carousel running on the page?
2. How to get the name of the Category to show up and not the Product.. (( ** without modifying core code ** ))
3. How will it do in terms of responsive formatting to flow nicely down the page on iPAD/iPhone
Cheers,
Emmanuel.
Couldn't I have 8 carousels 1 per category enabled that would show products from each category?
[the client should purchase Hikashop Commercial version anyways]
Only 2-3 issues I foresee...
1. Performance issue / bloated code from having 8 copies of carousel running on the page?
2. How to get the name of the Category to show up and not the Product.. (( ** without modifying core code ** ))
3. How will it do in terms of responsive formatting to flow nicely down the page on iPAD/iPhone
Cheers,
Emmanuel.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 4 days ago #173695
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic How to have a random image on a category ?
Hi,
Yes you can indeed have many modules to display category products.
It will need more requests to load all the content, but it can be correct.
To have the category name to show up it will require custom code
But not so much, in the view you will just have to get the category name from the module settings and display it at the top of the view.
Carousels are not yet responsives, it's on our TODO list. But you can potentially use a basic product listing in div.
Yes you can indeed have many modules to display category products.
It will need more requests to load all the content, but it can be correct.
To have the category name to show up it will require custom code
Carousels are not yet responsives, it's on our TODO list. But you can potentially use a basic product listing in div.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.209 seconds