- Posts: 62
- Thank you received: 0
Error when activating sef-ruls and rewrite urls
- joostbloom
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
11 years 11 months ago #174453
by joostbloom
Error when activating sef-ruls and rewrite urls was created by joostbloom
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.3
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.24
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.23
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : no sef-urls
Hello,
I have setup my shop and everything works great. But when I activate sef-urls and rewrite url the shop isn't working anymore. For example: i get a url like this: /producten/category/listing/12-aanbiedingen/ and that is not working. What am I doing wrong or what can I do to solve this?
regards,
Joost
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.24
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.23
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : no sef-urls
Hello,
I have setup my shop and everything works great. But when I activate sef-urls and rewrite url the shop isn't working anymore. For example: i get a url like this: /producten/category/listing/12-aanbiedingen/ and that is not working. What am I doing wrong or what can I do to solve this?
regards,
Joost
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 11 months ago #174901
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Error when activating sef-ruls and rewrite urls
Hi,
Are the other URLs working good when you activate the SEF on your website ?
Because if not, then it means that the problem is with the SEF setup of your Joomla (probably the .htaccess missing or something like that).
If yes, then there must be something with the settings of the SEF section of the Features tab of the HikaShop configuration so you can try to change some of them like the "activate smaller URL" option or the "remove categories and products ids from URLs".
Are the other URLs working good when you activate the SEF on your website ?
Because if not, then it means that the problem is with the SEF setup of your Joomla (probably the .htaccess missing or something like that).
If yes, then there must be something with the settings of the SEF section of the Features tab of the HikaShop configuration so you can try to change some of them like the "activate smaller URL" option or the "remove categories and products ids from URLs".
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- joostbloom
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 62
- Thank you received: 0
11 years 11 months ago #177992
by joostbloom
Replied by joostbloom on topic Error when activating sef-ruls and rewrite urls
Hello,
Thanks for your reaction. At the moment I got it working. But when I set 'Remove products and categories id in URLs ' to 'yes the site isn't working anymore. The links like '/producten/aanbiedingen' are being redirect to the homepage. When I set it to 'no' the link looks like this 'producten/12-aanbiedingen' and that is working. How can I set it up so the short and nice urls are working?
regards,
Joost
Thanks for your reaction. At the moment I got it working. But when I set 'Remove products and categories id in URLs ' to 'yes the site isn't working anymore. The links like '/producten/aanbiedingen' are being redirect to the homepage. When I set it to 'no' the link looks like this 'producten/12-aanbiedingen' and that is working. How can I set it up so the short and nice urls are working?
regards,
Joost
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 11 months ago #178031
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Error when activating sef-ruls and rewrite urls
Hi,
It's probably because you have special characters in the name of your product and because of that, the system cannot find any product with the name aanbiedingen
In that case, simply enter aanbiedingen in the alias field of the product and the system will be able to link the URL with the product even if the product name has special characters in it.
It's probably because you have special characters in the name of your product and because of that, the system cannot find any product with the name aanbiedingen
In that case, simply enter aanbiedingen in the alias field of the product and the system will be able to link the URL with the product even if the product name has special characters in it.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- joostbloom
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 62
- Thank you received: 0
11 years 10 months ago #178686
by joostbloom
Replied by joostbloom on topic Error when activating sef-ruls and rewrite urls
Hi Nicolas,
Unfortunately that is not the solution or problem. Still got the problem. Has it something to do with .htaccess? Or something else?
regards,
Joost
Unfortunately that is not the solution or problem. Still got the problem. Has it something to do with .htaccess? Or something else?
regards,
Joost
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 10 months ago #178834
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Error when activating sef-ruls and rewrite urls
Hi,
It sounded like a good solution so I don't know.
Could you provide a screenshot of the options of that aanbiedingen product ?
It sounded like a good solution so I don't know.
Could you provide a screenshot of the options of that aanbiedingen product ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- joostbloom
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 62
- Thank you received: 0
11 years 10 months ago #178875
by joostbloom
Replied by joostbloom on topic Error when activating sef-ruls and rewrite urls
Hi Nicolas,
'Aanbiedingen' is not a product; it is a categorie... So there are no options to make a screendump of...
regards,
Joost
'Aanbiedingen' is not a product; it is a categorie... So there are no options to make a screendump of...
regards,
Joost
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 10 months ago #178909
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Error when activating sef-ruls and rewrite urls
Hi,
It sounded like a good solution so I don't know.
Could you provide a screenshot of the options of that aanbiedingen category ?
It sounded like a good solution so I don't know.
Could you provide a screenshot of the options of that aanbiedingen category ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.189 seconds