Skip to main content

Related products module

More
11 years 11 months ago #174924 by rienkvlieger
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.29

Hi,

I've read the tutorial and searched in the forum but still there's a problem with the related products module.
Following the steps on www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...ct-form.html#related I tried to make it work but...

1) When I follow the steps the first step is to create the module and leave it unpublished. There's no mention about assigning the module to a certain menu-item or choose a position. Is that not nessecary?
2) I've set "Type of content" option is to "product" and the option "Content on product page" is set to "Related products".
3) In the conf. I go to 'Modules main default options' en click on Select next to 'Modules to display under the main area. I set my new module on publish, click ok and save the conf.

Result: no related products module shows up.
When I go to the modules I see that this module is still not published! So I publish it now but that does not help me.

Then I tested it when I set the module the position 'Under-content' (it's a module position in my template). Aha, the module finally shows up! But now, in the category listing, all the products of every category are shown twice!
I assigned the module to only one menu-item/category. Now on all other categories it's back to normal again but in the selected category the problem is still there: products are shown twice. Looks like 2 modules are active there.

Could you help me further?

Regards,
Rienk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #174973 by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Related products module
Hi,

Do you have added related products in the specific area on the product edition page for each products ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #175086 by rienkvlieger
Ofcourse, but not for each product in this category.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #175122 by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Related products module
Hi,

The related products module has been made to be present on a product page, this way we get the current product id, then get the related products and display them in the module.

When this module is on a listing, it can't get the current product id and so display the desired content.
Two cases, it has nothing to display so it's hidden, or it display products but not necessarily the desired ones.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #175291 by rienkvlieger
So how can I display it only on a product page, that's not clear to me...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #175299 by Jerome
Replied by Jerome on topic Related products module
Hi,

Yes, using the HikaShop option "modules under the product page".
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...ig.html#main_product

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rienkvlieger

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #175346 by rienkvlieger
Ah, finally got it. These modules have no position or are related to menu-items. That confused me.
Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.341 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum