- Posts: 80
- Thank you received: 1
category listing module/product listing
11 years 2 months ago #210837
by DoraK
Replied by DoraK on topic category listing module/product listing
Hi Nicolas,
Thank you for your response. I still don't understand what do I have to do so that the products and the breadcrumbs display correctly on the pages. Here is what I did and still doesn't work:
1) I set the "Force canonical URL on listing" to No, generate the URLs
2) The structure of my menu is:
- Gallery
-- Painting
---Paintings
I changed the Gallery and the Painting menus to categories listings menu (I had them as products listings) and removed the canonical urls
3) I kept the paintings as product listing and removed the canonical urls from the category and it's products. When I click on the paintings menu item, I still don't get results (there should be 2 products).
Can you please describe how these settings should be? I am trying for ages and the combinations could be too many to find it out. I really tried everything I could.
Thank you for your response. I still don't understand what do I have to do so that the products and the breadcrumbs display correctly on the pages. Here is what I did and still doesn't work:
1) I set the "Force canonical URL on listing" to No, generate the URLs
2) The structure of my menu is:
- Gallery
-- Painting
---Paintings
I changed the Gallery and the Painting menus to categories listings menu (I had them as products listings) and removed the canonical urls
3) I kept the paintings as product listing and removed the canonical urls from the category and it's products. When I click on the paintings menu item, I still don't get results (there should be 2 products).
Can you please describe how these settings should be? I am trying for ages and the combinations could be too many to find it out. I really tried everything I could.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 1 month ago #211029
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic category listing module/product listing
Hi,
You were almost there.
You did change the type of the menu item, but a category listing menu item needs an associated products listing module in order to display the products. Otherwise, it can only display categories.
If you went to the menu Display>Content menus and had edited the "gallery" menu item, you could see an error message telling you that no products listing module was associated to the menu item, with a link to do it automatically.
I've actually clicked on that for you and the products now display properly on your website.
You can now edit the menu item to customize the display of the products if necessary.
You were almost there.
You did change the type of the menu item, but a category listing menu item needs an associated products listing module in order to display the products. Otherwise, it can only display categories.
If you went to the menu Display>Content menus and had edited the "gallery" menu item, you could see an error message telling you that no products listing module was associated to the menu item, with a link to do it automatically.
I've actually clicked on that for you and the products now display properly on your website.
You can now edit the menu item to customize the display of the products if necessary.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.196 seconds