- Posts: 69
- Thank you received: 1
Switch of product display for a single menu Itemid
- dkmetz@taylorbruce.com
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
11 years 11 months ago #176272
by dkmetz@taylorbruce.com
______________
Dennis Kmetz
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6
Hi,
I am using a template override and I have altered the product/listing_div.php page.
Now I would like to add a link to this page to allow the component to display via another file, perhaps an altered product/listing_list.php and be able to switch back and forth between these two views all while keeping the same menu Itemid.
Specifically I would like to have all my products displayed via two different view types... and have the view type be a selection on the top of the page.
How can this be accomplished? Should I just add php logic within product/listing_div.php to detect which view type to use? Is there any existing php code you can point me to that might help me?
Thanks!
Dennis
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6
Hi,
I am using a template override and I have altered the product/listing_div.php page.
Now I would like to add a link to this page to allow the component to display via another file, perhaps an altered product/listing_list.php and be able to switch back and forth between these two views all while keeping the same menu Itemid.
Specifically I would like to have all my products displayed via two different view types... and have the view type be a selection on the top of the page.
How can this be accomplished? Should I just add php logic within product/listing_div.php to detect which view type to use? Is there any existing php code you can point me to that might help me?
Thanks!
Dennis
______________
Dennis Kmetz
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 11 months ago #176280
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Switch of product display for a single menu Itemid
Hi,
I don't know of such code already existing.
But yes, you can add your logic at the beginning of the listing_div view file. There, you can add the HTML elements for the selection of the display format and the PHP logic to get that selection from the POST/SESSION and then either continue with the listing_div display or include the listing_list view file and stop the processing of the listing_div view file with a return.
I don't know of such code already existing.
But yes, you can add your logic at the beginning of the listing_div view file. There, you can add the HTML elements for the selection of the display format and the PHP logic to get that selection from the POST/SESSION and then either continue with the listing_div display or include the listing_list view file and stop the processing of the listing_div view file with a return.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dkmetz@taylorbruce.com
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.126 seconds