- Posts: 43
- Thank you received: 3
Product URL Canonical & Product doesn't exist
- webconcept
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
11 years 10 months ago #180481
by webconcept
Replied by webconcept on topic Product URL Canonical & Product doesn't exist
Hi Nicolas,
I found out that the Module of HikaShop Content is generating bad the canonicals for the subcategories because it only assume the Menu you choose so it puts always like this:
Menu/Category
Menu/SubCategory
instead of
Menu/Category
Menu/Category/SubCategory
When you add the IDs to the products I was not able to see the products so I remove that option.
The way I did it was by creating in the Main Menu a Menu Item for each Category, SubCategory (chill of category) and for each Brand. Then I unpublish the Module HikaShop Content where all the categories were shown and erase all canonicals again.
After that I open Category by Category and see Total os products so the Canonicals can be generated in the right way.
Now everything works fine with the site and with the sitemap but it's a bit boring to create always a menu item for each new Category or Brand that I need to add.
Other thing is that the Canonicals from Products and Brands were generated and Stored but all Categories were left empty. That's why I think the Module HikaShop Content is he one that generates the Canonicals.
Thanks for your help
I found out that the Module of HikaShop Content is generating bad the canonicals for the subcategories because it only assume the Menu you choose so it puts always like this:
Menu/Category
Menu/SubCategory
instead of
Menu/Category
Menu/Category/SubCategory
When you add the IDs to the products I was not able to see the products so I remove that option.
The way I did it was by creating in the Main Menu a Menu Item for each Category, SubCategory (chill of category) and for each Brand. Then I unpublish the Module HikaShop Content where all the categories were shown and erase all canonicals again.
After that I open Category by Category and see Total os products so the Canonicals can be generated in the right way.
Now everything works fine with the site and with the sitemap but it's a bit boring to create always a menu item for each new Category or Brand that I need to add.
Other thing is that the Canonicals from Products and Brands were generated and Stored but all Categories were left empty. That's why I think the Module HikaShop Content is he one that generates the Canonicals.
Thanks for your help
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 10 months ago #180487
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Product URL Canonical & Product doesn't exist
Hi,
Thank you for your feedback.
Thank you for your feedback.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 10 months ago #181986
by cgonline
Replied by cgonline on topic Product URL Canonical & Product doesn't exist
Fwiw..
I found the exact same issue when restructuring a webshop to a new site.
The only way I could get things to work as wanted (/cat1/cat2/prod.html) was to do somewhat the same:
Create a menuitem for for each of the categories
Disabled all hika content modules
Set sef (canonical) to be autogenerated
Flushed canonical columns from products and categories
Visited all categories from the lowest leaf and upwards in the category tree.
Quite tiresome, but figured that was the only way to go..
I found the exact same issue when restructuring a webshop to a new site.
The only way I could get things to work as wanted (/cat1/cat2/prod.html) was to do somewhat the same:
Create a menuitem for for each of the categories
Disabled all hika content modules
Set sef (canonical) to be autogenerated
Flushed canonical columns from products and categories
Visited all categories from the lowest leaf and upwards in the category tree.
Quite tiresome, but figured that was the only way to go..
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds