- Posts: 265
- Thank you received: 1
Sitemap Modification Date SEO
- Holmes-Pierce
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
11 years 10 months ago #178676
by Holmes-Pierce
Sitemap Modification Date SEO was created by Holmes-Pierce
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.6
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : none
Hello,
I've been looking at my XML sitemap and I can see that different categories has a 'last modified date'. The articles (Joomla) have a last modification date, whereas the categories (Hikashop) doesn't. I'm concerned that google will be giving the Joomla articles a higher importance as a result of this. Is there a way to set a modification date within the categories, so that google are made aware almost immediately that a change has taken place?
Thanks,
Hal
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : none
Hello,
I've been looking at my XML sitemap and I can see that different categories has a 'last modified date'. The articles (Joomla) have a last modification date, whereas the categories (Hikashop) doesn't. I'm concerned that google will be giving the Joomla articles a higher importance as a result of this. Is there a way to set a modification date within the categories, so that google are made aware almost immediately that a change has taken place?
Thanks,
Hal
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 10 months ago #178706
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Sitemap Modification Date SEO
Hi,
How did you configure the "change frequency" option in the HikaShop xmap plugin settings page ?
How did you configure the "change frequency" option in the HikaShop xmap plugin settings page ?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Holmes-Pierce
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Holmes-Pierce
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 265
- Thank you received: 1
11 years 10 months ago #178809
by Holmes-Pierce
Replied by Holmes-Pierce on topic Sitemap Modification Date SEO
Wow, sorry for my ignorance! I didn't even know that the plugin existed :blush:
I've left it on parent menu settings and changed the priority of my two most important menus to 1,0.9 respectively with frequency daily.
Theres so much to learn!
Thanks for your great support!
I've left it on parent menu settings and changed the priority of my two most important menus to 1,0.9 respectively with frequency daily.
Theres so much to learn!
Thanks for your great support!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 10 months ago #181298
by mac49622
Replied by mac49622 on topic Sitemap Modification Date SEO
Where do I find this plugin for sitemap???
Holmes-Pierce wrote: Wow, sorry for my ignorance! I didn't even know that the plugin existed :blush:
I've left it on parent menu settings and changed the priority of my two most important menus to 1,0.9 respectively with frequency daily.
Theres so much to learn!
Thanks for your great support!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Holmes-Pierce
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 265
- Thank you received: 1
11 years 10 months ago #181304
by Holmes-Pierce
Replied by Holmes-Pierce on topic Sitemap Modification Date SEO
Its called 'Xmap - hikashop plugin'. No idea if its available with essential, I have the business edition.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 10 months ago #181308
by mac49622
Replied by mac49622 on topic Sitemap Modification Date SEO
Found it installed it, where can I see the results? joomla or hikashop?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Holmes-Pierce
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 265
- Thank you received: 1
11 years 10 months ago #181321
by Holmes-Pierce
Replied by Holmes-Pierce on topic Sitemap Modification Date SEO
In your sitemap. Do you have XMAP installed?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.288 seconds