- Posts: 32
- Thank you received: 0
allowed memory size exhausted
- Tuscan Triangle
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
11 years 9 months ago #183855
by Tuscan Triangle
allowed memory size exhausted was created by Tuscan Triangle
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
j3.tuscantriangle.com/index.php?option=c...sole-2006&Itemid=339
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.4
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 96 bytes) in /var/www/vhosts/tuscantriangle.com/j3.tuscantriangle.com/libraries/joomla/database/driver/mysqli.php on line 806
I'm getting the following problem:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 96 bytes) in /var/www/vhosts/tuscantriangle.com/j3.tuscantriangle.com/libraries/joomla/database/driver/mysqli.php on line 806
and the php error log file shows:
[Thu Dec 18 20:35:52 2014] [warn] [client 212.159.131.181] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 96 bytes) in /var/www/vhosts/tuscantriangle.com/j3.tuscantriangle.com/libraries/joomla/database/driver/mysqli.php on line 806, referer: j3.tuscantriangle.com/index.php?option=c...name=wine&Itemid=339
Can anyone help please?
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.4
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 96 bytes) in /var/www/vhosts/tuscantriangle.com/j3.tuscantriangle.com/libraries/joomla/database/driver/mysqli.php on line 806
I'm getting the following problem:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 96 bytes) in /var/www/vhosts/tuscantriangle.com/j3.tuscantriangle.com/libraries/joomla/database/driver/mysqli.php on line 806
and the php error log file shows:
[Thu Dec 18 20:35:52 2014] [warn] [client 212.159.131.181] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 96 bytes) in /var/www/vhosts/tuscantriangle.com/j3.tuscantriangle.com/libraries/joomla/database/driver/mysqli.php on line 806, referer: j3.tuscantriangle.com/index.php?option=c...name=wine&Itemid=339
Can anyone help please?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 9 months ago #183857
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic allowed memory size exhausted
Hi,
This probably means that you have too many variants in your product and when HikaShop loaded all the data of all the variants of the product on the page, it hit the memory limit of your web server and thus the processing stopped.
You could of course raise the limit but it's already high enough. The issue is that you shouldn't have that many variants in a product.
You should replace at least some of your characteristics by either options or custom item fields.
You can read more about options here:
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...ct-form.html#options
And see an example here:
demo.hikashop.com/index.php/en/hikashop/...ct-page/with-options
For custom fields, you can read more here:
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...shop-field-form.html
And see an example here:
With one field here:
demo.hikashop.com/index.php/en/hikashop/...t-page/donation-page
This probably means that you have too many variants in your product and when HikaShop loaded all the data of all the variants of the product on the page, it hit the memory limit of your web server and thus the processing stopped.
You could of course raise the limit but it's already high enough. The issue is that you shouldn't have that many variants in a product.
You should replace at least some of your characteristics by either options or custom item fields.
You can read more about options here:
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...ct-form.html#options
And see an example here:
demo.hikashop.com/index.php/en/hikashop/...ct-page/with-options
For custom fields, you can read more here:
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...shop-field-form.html
And see an example here:
With one field here:
demo.hikashop.com/index.php/en/hikashop/...t-page/donation-page
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Tuscan Triangle
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 32
- Thank you received: 0
11 years 9 months ago #184172
by Tuscan Triangle
Replied by Tuscan Triangle on topic allowed memory size exhausted
Hi Nicolas,
yes I'm pretty sure adding a load of characteristics to the product caused the problem but I have removed all of them and I am still unable to navigate to that product. The error I posted was from after I removed the characteristics from the product. I'm guessing I will have to delete the product and create it again - frustrating.
I'm struggling to find the feature to fulfill my needs so, if you don't mind, I'll explain what I'm after:
We are going to be selling wines and we want to list various characteristics of the wine we are selling, such as:
So when adding the wine to the system we will provide the relevant information for that bottle of wine using dropdown boxes that have already been prepopulated. We would want the customer to be able to filter according to these characteristics.
See here for example: www.virginwines.co.uk/wines/D'Arcana-Pinot-Grigio/PRD~C05086/
Unfortunately it looks like the features of Hikashop "Characteristics" does exactly what I want except there are just too many.
What do you recommend?
yes I'm pretty sure adding a load of characteristics to the product caused the problem but I have removed all of them and I am still unable to navigate to that product. The error I posted was from after I removed the characteristics from the product. I'm guessing I will have to delete the product and create it again - frustrating.
I'm struggling to find the feature to fulfill my needs so, if you don't mind, I'll explain what I'm after:
We are going to be selling wines and we want to list various characteristics of the wine we are selling, such as:
- grape variety
- ABV
- Vintage
- Bottle size
- Wine style
So when adding the wine to the system we will provide the relevant information for that bottle of wine using dropdown boxes that have already been prepopulated. We would want the customer to be able to filter according to these characteristics.
See here for example: www.virginwines.co.uk/wines/D'Arcana-Pinot-Grigio/PRD~C05086/
Unfortunately it looks like the features of Hikashop "Characteristics" does exactly what I want except there are just too many.
What do you recommend?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Tuscan Triangle
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 32
- Thank you received: 0
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #184173
by Tuscan Triangle
Replied by Tuscan Triangle on topic allowed memory size exhausted
I can't delete the product either, I get the following:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 72 bytes) in /var/www/vhosts/tuscantriangle.com/j3.tuscantriangle.com/libraries/joomla/language/transliterate.php on line 149
EDIT: I had to go into MYSQL and truncate the products table. ~ Somehow over 33000 of the same product that wouldn't work had been created.
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 72 bytes) in /var/www/vhosts/tuscantriangle.com/j3.tuscantriangle.com/libraries/joomla/language/transliterate.php on line 149
EDIT: I had to go into MYSQL and truncate the products table. ~ Somehow over 33000 of the same product that wouldn't work had been created.
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by Tuscan Triangle.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 9 months ago #184190
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic allowed memory size exhausted
What you want to use is not characteristics but custom fields of the table "product".
Like for this product on our demo website:
demo.hikashop.com/index.php/en/hikashop/.../with-specifications
Like for this product on our demo website:
demo.hikashop.com/index.php/en/hikashop/.../with-specifications
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Tuscan Triangle
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 32
- Thank you received: 0
11 years 9 months ago #184324
by Tuscan Triangle
Replied by Tuscan Triangle on topic allowed memory size exhausted
Lovely, thanks Nicolas, I'll do that.
Is there a way to attach a class to these custom fields? I would like each one to have a separate image before the text.
Is there a way to attach a class to these custom fields? I would like each one to have a separate image before the text.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 9 months ago #184335
by lousyfool
The system is already adding individual IDs and classes to custom fields (and their labels), so you'll be able to target them individually, or all together by using placeholders.
Just use your browser console to look up the frontend HTML of the fields once published, then you'll see.
Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )
Replied by lousyfool on topic allowed memory size exhausted
Tuscan Triangle wrote: Is there a way to attach a class to these custom fields?
The system is already adding individual IDs and classes to custom fields (and their labels), so you'll be able to target them individually, or all together by using placeholders.
Just use your browser console to look up the frontend HTML of the fields once published, then you'll see.
Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Tuscan Triangle
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 32
- Thank you received: 0
11 years 9 months ago #184346
by Tuscan Triangle
Replied by Tuscan Triangle on topic allowed memory size exhausted
Brilliant, just brilliant. Really couldn't be any happier with Hikashop.
Thanks nicolas and lousyfool
Thanks nicolas and lousyfool
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.182 seconds