Problem disabling prices category not working
11 years 8 months ago #185450
by Rixters
Problem disabling prices category not working was created by Rixters
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.5
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6
-- PHP version -- : 5.5
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : FF 36.0a2
I have Two categories with child categories with products in the product-category. There are two menu-items for each category and the have both a module not published to show the product-layout. On one of the menu items/category I want to not show the prices. I thought is was as simple as disabling the price switch of the product parameters from particular menu module. The switch has no effect. The only thin that has effect is setting the default parameters, but that disables all the prices... Switching the prices on for the other category also doesn't work.
Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6
-- PHP version -- : 5.5
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : FF 36.0a2
I have Two categories with child categories with products in the product-category. There are two menu-items for each category and the have both a module not published to show the product-layout. On one of the menu items/category I want to not show the prices. I thought is was as simple as disabling the price switch of the product parameters from particular menu module. The switch has no effect. The only thin that has effect is setting the default parameters, but that disables all the prices... Switching the prices on for the other category also doesn't work.
Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
11 years 8 months ago #185541
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Problem disabling prices category not working
Hello,
If you are using product listings from different content modules you'll just have to control the displaying of the price by using your product listing content module options.
Can you give me a link to the page where you are having your issue so that I can directly test it, and also show me more information about your issue through some screenshots ?
If you are using product listings from different content modules you'll just have to control the displaying of the price by using your product listing content module options.
Can you give me a link to the page where you are having your issue so that I can directly test it, and also show me more information about your issue through some screenshots ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 8 months ago #186141
by Rixters
Replied by Rixters on topic Problem disabling prices category not working
As you can see in the screenshots, i did set differtent values for the prices. Unfortunately they stay visible. I added a screenshot of the both the menu an corresponding modules. I also added screenshots of the website. The menu-item both are linked to different categories.
The link to the pages:
www.ledverlichting-lammers.nl/hikashop/p...rmatuur-60x60-40watt
www.ledverlichting-lammers.nl/hikashop/w.../led-paneel-30x30-cm
I hope you can point me in the right direction to fix it!
The link to the pages:
www.ledverlichting-lammers.nl/hikashop/p...rmatuur-60x60-40watt
www.ledverlichting-lammers.nl/hikashop/w.../led-paneel-30x30-cm
I hope you can point me in the right direction to fix it!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 8 months ago #186157
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Problem disabling prices category not working
Hi,
The "show prices" option of the products listing modules and menus affect the price display of the products on the listings, not on the product page. The product page price display only uses the main setting of the configuration.
So it's not a bug, it's just how it is supposed to work.
But if you don't want to display the price for a group of products, neither on the listing nor on the product page, why have a price in these products at all ?
The "show prices" option of the products listing modules and menus affect the price display of the products on the listings, not on the product page. The product page price display only uses the main setting of the configuration.
So it's not a bug, it's just how it is supposed to work.
But if you don't want to display the price for a group of products, neither on the listing nor on the product page, why have a price in these products at all ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 8 months ago #186277
by Rixters
Replied by Rixters on topic Problem disabling prices category not working
Thank you for the information!
The 0 price works like a charm, but we needed more. I've managed to make an override for the products that don't need a price. Also added an extra info form with Articles Anywhere from NoNumber. Our client can now select the product override in the product settings so the visitor gets a form instead of the price
The 0 price works like a charm, but we needed more. I've managed to make an override for the products that don't need a price. Also added an extra info form with Articles Anywhere from NoNumber. Our client can now select the product override in the product settings so the visitor gets a form instead of the price
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.189 seconds