- Posts: 43
- Thank you received: 3
Change margin on category display between tiles
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #187871
by disc
Change margin on category display between tiles was created by disc
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.5
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : any
I want to change the margin between tiles in the category view.
In the Display details of each product category there´s a section "Parameters for DIV"
Changing the margin in this setting will change the top, left, right, bottom margin in parallel.
I only want to change margin left and right only. I´m using the type of item layout "Image and title".
I also do not find any options in the css.
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : any
I want to change the margin between tiles in the category view.
In the Display details of each product category there´s a section "Parameters for DIV"
Changing the margin in this setting will change the top, left, right, bottom margin in parallel.
I only want to change margin left and right only. I´m using the type of item layout "Image and title".
I also do not find any options in the css.
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by disc.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 8 months ago #187888
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Change margin on category display between tiles
Hi,
The best at this moment will be to use some custom CSS.
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...ize-the-display.html
Regards,
The best at this moment will be to use some custom CSS.
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...ize-the-display.html
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 7 months ago #190526
by disc
Replied by disc on topic Change margin on category display between tiles
Of course the CSS needs to be added using class or ID.
But I don´t find the related code in the php file. When looking at the HTML code via the browser I see the relevant code phrase, but I can not find something similar in the php. As mentioned I´m using the type of item layout "Image and title".
But I don´t find the related code in the php file. When looking at the HTML code via the browser I see the relevant code phrase, but I can not find something similar in the php. As mentioned I´m using the type of item layout "Image and title".
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 7 months ago #190544
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Change margin on category display between tiles
Hi,
There is no PHP code to look at and the type of layout is not related. As Jerome said, you can do that with CSS and the link he gave explains how to find the class or id to use for your CSS code.
For example, if you want to apply such margin to all your listings, you would add such CSS:
div.hikashop_container{
margin-left: 10px;
margin-right: 10px;
}
There is no PHP code to look at and the type of layout is not related. As Jerome said, you can do that with CSS and the link he gave explains how to find the class or id to use for your CSS code.
For example, if you want to apply such margin to all your listings, you would add such CSS:
div.hikashop_container{
margin-left: 10px;
margin-right: 10px;
}
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 7 months ago #192826
by disc
Replied by disc on topic Change margin on category display between tiles
Sorry nicolas, that does not help.
I try to describe the issue again.
In the source code I identify a line
#hikashop_category_information_menu_129 div.hikashop_container {
margin:5px 5px;
}
The margin entered in the backend (section "Parameters for div") will be written into this line (see attachment in post #187871).
If I now add a code
div.hikashop_container {margin: 0px 10px 0px 10px; }
or similar to the frontend_default css file that does not change anything.
The line
#hikashop_category_information_menu_129 div.hikashop_container {
margin:5px 5px;
}
stays the same.
Hope it´s understandable now.
I try to describe the issue again.
In the source code I identify a line
#hikashop_category_information_menu_129 div.hikashop_container {
margin:5px 5px;
}
The margin entered in the backend (section "Parameters for div") will be written into this line (see attachment in post #187871).
If I now add a code
div.hikashop_container {margin: 0px 10px 0px 10px; }
or similar to the frontend_default css file that does not change anything.
The line
#hikashop_category_information_menu_129 div.hikashop_container {
margin:5px 5px;
}
stays the same.
Hope it´s understandable now.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 7 months ago #192860
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Change margin on category display between tiles
That was just an example.
Do like that:
div.hikashop_container{
margin-left: 10px !important;
margin-right: 10px !important;
}
and you'll see that your custom CSS will override the CSS added by HikaShop.
Do like that:
div.hikashop_container{
margin-left: 10px !important;
margin-right: 10px !important;
}
and you'll see that your custom CSS will override the CSS added by HikaShop.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.246 seconds