- Posts: 228
- Thank you received: 8
Sorting products by manufacturer
11 years 8 months ago #188422
by theguy
Sorting products by manufacturer was created by theguy
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.4
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6
Hi,
I've looked everywhere and was surprises to find out that no one has ever asked this type of question before. I really did searched allot.
My client got many manufacturers from which he sells various products. So if we take pants for example, I've got 60 types of pant from 5 different manufacturers. I would like to know if there's an option to group items by manufacturer just like the option to "Group products by category"? It seems like a reasonable feature to have in a catalog.
If this is not possible, will the filters listing module be able to do so? To pick only "Adidas" pants from the total pant category? If the answer is yes, is the upgrade from Essential to Business simple and with out risk of data or functionality loss?
Thank you in advance,
Guy.
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6
Hi,
I've looked everywhere and was surprises to find out that no one has ever asked this type of question before. I really did searched allot.
My client got many manufacturers from which he sells various products. So if we take pants for example, I've got 60 types of pant from 5 different manufacturers. I would like to know if there's an option to group items by manufacturer just like the option to "Group products by category"? It seems like a reasonable feature to have in a catalog.
If this is not possible, will the filters listing module be able to do so? To pick only "Adidas" pants from the total pant category? If the answer is yes, is the upgrade from Essential to Business simple and with out risk of data or functionality loss?
Thank you in advance,
Guy.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 8 months ago #188456
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Sorting products by manufacturer
Hi,
There is no "group by manufacturer" feature but it is possible to create a sorting by manufacturer.
You can use the sort on the "product_manufacturer_id" or, if you want something related to the manufacturer name ; at this moment the best is to use a filter.
Thanks to the filters, you can sort the product listing by an external data and also create a filtering (only see the product of one selected manufacturer).
Regards,
There is no "group by manufacturer" feature but it is possible to create a sorting by manufacturer.
You can use the sort on the "product_manufacturer_id" or, if you want something related to the manufacturer name ; at this moment the best is to use a filter.
Thanks to the filters, you can sort the product listing by an external data and also create a filtering (only see the product of one selected manufacturer).
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 8 months ago #188477
by theguy
Replied by theguy on topic Sorting products by manufacturer
Thank you Jerome for your quick answer.
So, I guess I'll need to upgrade to business then
So, I guess I'll need to upgrade to business then
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.177 seconds