- Posts: 103
- Thank you received: 1
Two canonical urls on one page !?
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #189091
by lechong1
Two canonical urls on one page !? was created by lechong1
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.5
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.26
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Two canonical url on one page!?
I already gave every category and product the canonical url in hikashop backend.
While in Joomla3 it auto generate a canonical url for every page,So now I have two different canonical urls on page.
For product they are the same,
But for categories ,I set the canonical url: /temperature-logger while Joomla generate:/temperature-logger/product/listing
,I think it is not good.
Is there any way to delete the joomla auto generating canonicals only in hikashop?because I need it in elsewhere of my site.
Thank you very much.
Jacky
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.26
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Two canonical url on one page!?
I already gave every category and product the canonical url in hikashop backend.
While in Joomla3 it auto generate a canonical url for every page,So now I have two different canonical urls on page.
For product they are the same,
But for categories ,I set the canonical url: /temperature-logger while Joomla generate:/temperature-logger/product/listing
,I think it is not good.
Is there any way to delete the joomla auto generating canonicals only in hikashop?because I need it in elsewhere of my site.
Thank you very much.
Jacky
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by lechong1.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 8 months ago #189099
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Two canonical urls on one page !?
Hi,
HikaShop cannot remove itself the canonical URL added by something else.
I would recommend to:
- either not use HikaShop's canonical URL system and use another one which can work on all the pages like you want
- or not use joomla's canonical URL system and use another extension which can do that without messing with HikaShop's canonical URLs system.
You can find canonical URL managing extensions in the JEd under this category:
extensions.joomla.org/tags/site-management
HikaShop cannot remove itself the canonical URL added by something else.
I would recommend to:
- either not use HikaShop's canonical URL system and use another one which can work on all the pages like you want
- or not use joomla's canonical URL system and use another extension which can do that without messing with HikaShop's canonical URLs system.
You can find canonical URL managing extensions in the JEd under this category:
extensions.joomla.org/tags/site-management
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.137 seconds