Hikashop Novice: Product page not showing...
11 years 8 months ago #189378
by Jethro
Hikashop Novice: Product page not showing... was created by Jethro
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
smart-drones.com/shop
-- HikaShop version -- : HikaShop Starter: 2.3.5
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.28
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox 35.0.1
Hi everyone, I just want to thank the HikaShop team for this tremendous Joomla! Component... we will be buying the full edition as soon as we can!
I have finished watching the excellent webinar by Nicolas and have some basic questions... I will start off with my top 3 questions.
I am using a Joomla! template called Purity II which is based on Bootstrap 3.0, here is our website: www.smart-drones.com/
The 'HikaShop' part of the website is linked to from the main navigation menu item called "shop".
Question 1:
On our site, when you click on the shop menu item it takes you to the shop page where I have enabled all the hikashop modules to display...
smart-drones.com/shop
I can see two duplicate products there, both drones (sorry for the main-menu overlap).
Now when I click on the product (smart-drone 4) to go to the actual "product page" I see nothing!
Is there a "product module" that I need to enable? How do I get my product page to display?
This is a screenshot of the HikaShop modules that I have enabled:
Question 2:
When I click on the "Product Page" that is currently showing nothing, I get the following URL...
smart-drones.com/component/hikashop/prod...ething-is-in-the-air
However the ideal URL path would be smart-drones.com/shop/drones/sd-4
How do I stop unnecessary additions in the url? I want the user experience to go something like this:
Home >> Shop (list of categories) >> Drones >> My Drone Product Page
And finally question 3:
When I click on the "shop" menu item I see one product displayed on top of the other. However I would like the products to be displayed next to one another like tiles, as in the picture below...
I am not sure if I have explained my issues correctly, it is still fuzzy in my head so please tell me if I need to be more clear!
Thank you so-much in advance!
Best regards,
Jethro.
-- HikaShop version -- : HikaShop Starter: 2.3.5
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.28
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox 35.0.1
Hi everyone, I just want to thank the HikaShop team for this tremendous Joomla! Component... we will be buying the full edition as soon as we can!
I have finished watching the excellent webinar by Nicolas and have some basic questions... I will start off with my top 3 questions.
I am using a Joomla! template called Purity II which is based on Bootstrap 3.0, here is our website: www.smart-drones.com/
The 'HikaShop' part of the website is linked to from the main navigation menu item called "shop".
Question 1:
On our site, when you click on the shop menu item it takes you to the shop page where I have enabled all the hikashop modules to display...
smart-drones.com/shop
I can see two duplicate products there, both drones (sorry for the main-menu overlap).
Now when I click on the product (smart-drone 4) to go to the actual "product page" I see nothing!
Is there a "product module" that I need to enable? How do I get my product page to display?
This is a screenshot of the HikaShop modules that I have enabled:
Question 2:
When I click on the "Product Page" that is currently showing nothing, I get the following URL...
smart-drones.com/component/hikashop/prod...ething-is-in-the-air
However the ideal URL path would be smart-drones.com/shop/drones/sd-4
How do I stop unnecessary additions in the url? I want the user experience to go something like this:
Home >> Shop (list of categories) >> Drones >> My Drone Product Page
And finally question 3:
When I click on the "shop" menu item I see one product displayed on top of the other. However I would like the products to be displayed next to one another like tiles, as in the picture below...
I am not sure if I have explained my issues correctly, it is still fuzzy in my head so please tell me if I need to be more clear!
Thank you so-much in advance!
Best regards,
Jethro.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 8 months ago #189398
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Hikashop Novice: Product page not showing...
Hi,
You seem to have many template issues. Please try with a default Joomla template to see if you still have troubles.
You said that the template use Bootstrap 3, HikaShop is not compatible natively with Bootstrap 3 but compatible with bootstrap 2.3.2 as Joomla.
1. When clicking on a product in a product listing it redirect to the product page, no need to use a module for that.
It is a default behavior. I think that there is a position issue with your template.
2. You can create a new menu named "shop" and then the urls will be as you want. You have to change the aliases.
3. I think it is a template issue too.
Please tell us how it is working when using a default template.
You seem to have many template issues. Please try with a default Joomla template to see if you still have troubles.
You said that the template use Bootstrap 3, HikaShop is not compatible natively with Bootstrap 3 but compatible with bootstrap 2.3.2 as Joomla.
1. When clicking on a product in a product listing it redirect to the product page, no need to use a module for that.
It is a default behavior. I think that there is a position issue with your template.
2. You can create a new menu named "shop" and then the urls will be as you want. You have to change the aliases.
3. I think it is a template issue too.
Please tell us how it is working when using a default template.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jethro
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 8 months ago #189506
by Jethro
Replied by Jethro on topic Hikashop Novice: Product page not showing...
Ok, will get back to you today...
Thanks for the quick responses!
Thanks for the quick responses!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 8 months ago #189587
by Jethro
Replied by Jethro on topic Hikashop Novice: Product page not showing...
Hi Xavier,
It seeps as though you hit the nail right on the head.
Hikashop is not yet compatible with Bootstrap 3, and therefore not compatible with the Purity III template.
So what is the best way to resolve this?
Use two templates and try to get the second one to look like our current website?
What about JSN Air? www.joomlashine.com/joomla-templates/jsn...emplate-details.html
It is compatible with Kunena forums too...
What would you do in my situation?
Many thanks for you insightful reply!
Best,
Jethro.
It seeps as though you hit the nail right on the head.
Hikashop is not yet compatible with Bootstrap 3, and therefore not compatible with the Purity III template.
So what is the best way to resolve this?
Use two templates and try to get the second one to look like our current website?
What about JSN Air? www.joomlashine.com/joomla-templates/jsn...emplate-details.html
It is compatible with Kunena forums too...
What would you do in my situation?
Many thanks for you insightful reply!
Best,
Jethro.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 8 months ago #189635
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Hikashop Novice: Product page not showing...
Hi,
Yes we indeed not yet support Bootstrap 3, it is on our Todo list.
As Joomla is not compatible with Bootstrap 3 by default we don't provided this compatibility yet.
In your case, I think that the easiest way is as you say, using a bootstrap 2 template. This way you are sure to not have compatibility problems.
Yes we indeed not yet support Bootstrap 3, it is on our Todo list.
As Joomla is not compatible with Bootstrap 3 by default we don't provided this compatibility yet.
In your case, I think that the easiest way is as you say, using a bootstrap 2 template. This way you are sure to not have compatibility problems.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jethro
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #189672
by Jethro
Replied by Jethro on topic Hikashop Novice: Product page not showing...
Hey Xavier!
Thank you so much for the response...
It seems as though we have found a solution to get Hikashop working with the Purity III template! The solution was found here: www.joostrap.com/support/tutorials-video...p3-super-easy-update
It involved adding the NoNumber ReReplacer component and replacing the bootstrap 2.xx classes with the new Bootstrap 3 classes! Our only concern is that this is only a surface fix and that Hikashop functionality could be crippled down the road.
Do you think this is a good solution?
For now everything is displaying 100% correctly! :lol:
I will start a new thread detailing the solution and see what you guys think...
I just want to thank you for your wonderful and speedy support, Hikashop is truly an exemplary software provider and we will be purchasing the full version as soon as possible. 10/10 *****
Thank you so much for the response...
It seems as though we have found a solution to get Hikashop working with the Purity III template! The solution was found here: www.joostrap.com/support/tutorials-video...p3-super-easy-update
It involved adding the NoNumber ReReplacer component and replacing the bootstrap 2.xx classes with the new Bootstrap 3 classes! Our only concern is that this is only a surface fix and that Hikashop functionality could be crippled down the road.
Do you think this is a good solution?
For now everything is displaying 100% correctly! :lol:
I will start a new thread detailing the solution and see what you guys think...
I just want to thank you for your wonderful and speedy support, Hikashop is truly an exemplary software provider and we will be purchasing the full version as soon as possible. 10/10 *****
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by Jethro.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 7 months ago #189693
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Hikashop Novice: Product page not showing...
Thank you ! Yes, that's a good solution
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.242 seconds