- Posts: 94
- Thank you received: 0
Styling Issues
11 years 7 months ago #190330
by paul_sugg
Styling Issues was created by paul_sugg
-- HikaShop version -- : latest
-- Joomla version -- : latest
When opening the individual files, can the initial images on the page be increased? You can open them larger, however you can’t see the dimensional information.
Also, when you are in the individual part code, can you change the breadcrumb back home function, to go back to the main on-line catalogue page.
Some items are price on application, how should I set these up? Is there a way of having a few photo’s and text, with a enquiry box or link to allow customers to contact us.
Some of the text goes outside the set width, can this be increased to cover these?
On product description we have created tables to show specs - how can we style these up to show rules etc?
-- Joomla version -- : latest
When opening the individual files, can the initial images on the page be increased? You can open them larger, however you can’t see the dimensional information.
Also, when you are in the individual part code, can you change the breadcrumb back home function, to go back to the main on-line catalogue page.
Some items are price on application, how should I set these up? Is there a way of having a few photo’s and text, with a enquiry box or link to allow customers to contact us.
Some of the text goes outside the set width, can this be increased to cover these?
On product description we have created tables to show specs - how can we style these up to show rules etc?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
11 years 7 months ago #190352
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Styling Issues
Hello,
1.
I didn't totally understood your issue, can you give me more information about it through some screenshots for example ?
2.
You're probably using the Joomla breadcrumb module so the solution will be to directly edit its code.
3. 4.
Using some CSS code will probably do the job : www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...the-display.html#css
1.
I didn't totally understood your issue, can you give me more information about it through some screenshots for example ?
2.
You're probably using the Joomla breadcrumb module so the solution will be to directly edit its code.
3. 4.
Using some CSS code will probably do the job : www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...the-display.html#css
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 7 months ago #190461
by paul_sugg
Replied by paul_sugg on topic Styling Issues
Thanks for your answers.
Ok point one.
When we have drilled down to the actual product detail view as per screenshot attached. Can we make the product image larger on the page. When you click the little picture it comes up bigger but blocks out all the table that the pictures / technical drawings relates to.
Is image display size adjustable anywhere?
Ok point one.
When we have drilled down to the actual product detail view as per screenshot attached. Can we make the product image larger on the page. When you click the little picture it comes up bigger but blocks out all the table that the pictures / technical drawings relates to.
Is image display size adjustable anywhere?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 7 months ago #190480
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Styling Issues
Hi,
To increase the size of the image on the product page, you just have to change the settings in Configuration > Main > Images.
To increase the size of the image on the product page, you just have to change the settings in Configuration > Main > Images.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 7 months ago #190615
by paul_sugg
Replied by paul_sugg on topic Styling Issues
Thanks for the info I have now changed the picture size - I knew it must be there somewhere!
Next I need to add table rules as per attached - BUT I only want this with Hikashop pages - I dont want rules on other pages - just online store - I can't see any css rules for tables in the custom css file. Is it there? Or do I need to add it? If I add
table, th, td {
border: 1px solid black;
}
To Hika shop custom css it applies the rule to all pages on the site - including the cart module which I dont want.
Thanks
Next I need to add table rules as per attached - BUT I only want this with Hikashop pages - I dont want rules on other pages - just online store - I can't see any css rules for tables in the custom css file. Is it there? Or do I need to add it? If I add
table, th, td {
border: 1px solid black;
}
To Hika shop custom css it applies the rule to all pages on the site - including the cart module which I dont want.
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 7 months ago #190621
by lousyfool
Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )
Replied by lousyfool on topic Styling Issues
This is very basic CSS. You'll need to add IDs or classes of specific containers to have the code applied to only those. In your case, and for e.g. all tables on only HikaShop product pages that would be for example ".hikashop_product_page".
No offence, but if you keep having such "issues", you may want to consider either learning CSS, or hiring a frontend designer, as I doubt this is the place to answer such questions.
No offence, but if you keep having such "issues", you may want to consider either learning CSS, or hiring a frontend designer, as I doubt this is the place to answer such questions.
Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 7 months ago #190627
by paul_sugg
Replied by paul_sugg on topic Styling Issues
What is the point of having a custom CSS file that is editable within Hika Shop component parameters. Surely changes made here should apply to styling within the Hika Store and not interfere with the styling of the whole site?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 7 months ago #190628
by lousyfool
Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )
Replied by lousyfool on topic Styling Issues
Again, this is very, very basic CSS. You will notice that the HikaShop default CSS file is full of specific "hikashop_" classes and IDs, this way indeed applying to only HikaShop-relevant elements.
Anything like you tried, e.g. "table", "th", or "td" without further specific classes does indeed apply globally and site-wide.
Again, if CSS and how to target specific pages/components/modules/whatever are mysteries, it can be learned, or may be delegated to those who know.
Anything like you tried, e.g. "table", "th", or "td" without further specific classes does indeed apply globally and site-wide.
Again, if CSS and how to target specific pages/components/modules/whatever are mysteries, it can be learned, or may be delegated to those who know.
Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 7 months ago #190624
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Styling Issues
Hi,
You can set a more specific css rule to apply the css only on the HikaShop product pages, something like:
.hikashop_product_page table th, .hikashop_product_page table td {
border: 1px solid black;
}
You can set a more specific css rule to apply the css only on the HikaShop product pages, something like:
.hikashop_product_page table th, .hikashop_product_page table td {
border: 1px solid black;
}
The following user(s) said Thank You: paul_sugg
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.256 seconds