- Posts: 190
- Thank you received: 2
I want to align titles just below images
11 years 7 months ago #190669
by scarney
I want to align titles just below images was created by scarney
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
apf.cloudaccess.net/dvd
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.5
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.29
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : not browser dependant
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : no error message
If you can look at the page at apf.cloudaccess.net/dvd you will see that I have eight categories that are for images to a row. The titles for the categories are WAY below the images. I just want to push those titles up.
I have a custom.css file where I can put in a simple override.
Would you be willing to provide a code snippet for my custom.css file to push those titles just below their images?
The attached image shows how I would like to push up the title of the first one by displaying a large arrow.
Thank you, Sean Carney
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.5
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.29
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : not browser dependant
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : no error message
If you can look at the page at apf.cloudaccess.net/dvd you will see that I have eight categories that are for images to a row. The titles for the categories are WAY below the images. I just want to push those titles up.
I have a custom.css file where I can put in a simple override.
Would you be willing to provide a code snippet for my custom.css file to push those titles just below their images?
The attached image shows how I would like to push up the title of the first one by displaying a large arrow.
Thank you, Sean Carney
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 7 months ago #190691
by lousyfool
Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )
Replied by lousyfool on topic I want to align titles just below images
It's coming from the thumbnail size values you've set in the HikaShop configuration, which is probably 300x200px. You'll want to leave these because you need this size in your product listings, but it results in the height of the (much smaller) category thumbnails also set to 200px.
So, the CSS should be like this:
If you'd want the category name even closer to the image, you'll need to add this, too, to get rid of a <br/> in the HTML:
So, the CSS should be like this:
Code:
.hikashop_subcontainer .hikashop_category_image {
height: auto !important;
}
If you'd want the category name even closer to the image, you'll need to add this, too, to get rid of a <br/> in the HTML:
Code:
.hikashop_category br {
display: none;
}
Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 7 months ago #190701
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic I want to align titles just below images
Hi,
That's because you configured your image thumbnails to a height of 200px as lousyfool said.
An alternative is to in the menu Display>Content menus and edit your menu. There, set the height of the category images to 112px and the height to 166px and that should fix the empty space issue on your categories listing.
That's because you configured your image thumbnails to a height of 200px as lousyfool said.
An alternative is to in the menu Display>Content menus and edit your menu. There, set the height of the category images to 112px and the height to 166px and that should fix the empty space issue on your categories listing.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 7 months ago #190733
by lousyfool
Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )
Replied by lousyfool on topic I want to align titles just below images
Oh yeah, thanks Nicolas... I keep forgetting that the settings in the menu "override" the global configuration... :blush:
Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 7 months ago #190835
by scarney
Replied by scarney on topic I want to align titles just below images
Hello Lousyfool and Nicolas,
Wow. Fantastic, Thank you very much.
Sean
Wow. Fantastic, Thank you very much.
Sean
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.238 seconds