- Posts: 17
- Thank you received: 0
Accordion behavior of Category menu on Demo page
- thirdhatch
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
11 years 7 months ago #191819
by thirdhatch
Accordion behavior of Category menu on Demo page was created by thirdhatch
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.5
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6
Hello,
I would like to configure a Hikashop module to mimic the behavior of the Categories menu on the demo page , where the parent categories expand in accordion behavior, but are not links themselves, I've played with the category menu module configuration without luck. Any help is greatly appreciated - thanks!
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6
Hello,
I would like to configure a Hikashop module to mimic the behavior of the Categories menu on the demo page , where the parent categories expand in accordion behavior, but are not links themselves, I've played with the category menu module configuration without luck. Any help is greatly appreciated - thanks!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 7 months ago #191834
by lousyfool
Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )
Replied by lousyfool on topic Accordion behavior of Category menu on Demo page
Hi,
Look here, there's the option "Link on main categories", which you want to set to "No": www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...l#display_categories
Look here, there's the option "Link on main categories", which you want to set to "No": www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...l#display_categories
Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jerome
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- thirdhatch
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 17
- Thank you received: 0
11 years 7 months ago #191856
by thirdhatch
Replied by thirdhatch on topic Accordion behavior of Category menu on Demo page
Hi! Thanks for the quick response!
Unfortunately 'Link on main categories' is set to 'No' both in the main configuration and the content module's configuration, but the parent categories are still being linked to.
If this was a small inventory I would just build it manually, but there are too many categories and subcategories for that to be practical...
Unfortunately 'Link on main categories' is set to 'No' both in the main configuration and the content module's configuration, but the parent categories are still being linked to.
If this was a small inventory I would just build it manually, but there are too many categories and subcategories for that to be practical...
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 7 months ago #191880
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Accordion behavior of Category menu on Demo page
Hi,
Can you provide a link to the page of your website where we can see it and a screenshot of the options of the module when you edit it via the menu Display->content modules so that we can assess the situation on your website ?
Can you provide a link to the page of your website where we can see it and a screenshot of the options of the module when you edit it via the menu Display->content modules so that we can assess the situation on your website ?
The following user(s) said Thank You: thirdhatch
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- thirdhatch
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 17
- Thank you received: 0
11 years 7 months ago #191989
by thirdhatch
Replied by thirdhatch on topic Accordion behavior of Category menu on Demo page
Thanks for responding! I stopped work on it yesterday so I could approach it with fresh eyes today, and found the answer. I have the following settings:
Link on main categories: No
Only display categories with products: No
Part of the problem was I don't have all the inventory in the system yet, so there are some unfilled Categories at the moment. If the Category is empty and "Only display categories with products" is set to No, then the Category will be linked to. But if the Category is not empty, it won't be linked to, and the accordion behavior displays appropriately.
So the functionality of the module I built today is acceptable as-is. Ideally I'd like to have Category not act like a link even if it is empty - but that is not a mandatory design requirement.
Thanks!
Link on main categories: No
Only display categories with products: No
Part of the problem was I don't have all the inventory in the system yet, so there are some unfilled Categories at the moment. If the Category is empty and "Only display categories with products" is set to No, then the Category will be linked to. But if the Category is not empty, it won't be linked to, and the accordion behavior displays appropriately.
So the functionality of the module I built today is acceptable as-is. Ideally I'd like to have Category not act like a link even if it is empty - but that is not a mandatory design requirement.
Thanks!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.194 seconds