custom fields for some products
11 years 7 months ago #192730
by wveencom
Kind regards,
William van Veen
Wveen.com
custom fields for some products was created by wveencom
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
www.vapeholland.nl/
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.5
-- Joomla version -- : 4.0.0
Dear People,
I have order a business edition of Hika Shop to set some custom fields into product. I can only manage this in category's but I like to have in the future to manage this on each product.
Now I have product in 1 category and also there is 2 category because I like to setup some custom fields for 2 different products. One is a 5 pack and the other is 1 product.
Now I have create a menu with category view to see all products:
www.vapeholland.nl/e-liquids/mt-baker-vapor-usa-e-liquids
Now you see also the sub category's 5pack and Normaal. I Like to show only the products and the sub product and not the sub category's .
How to manage this.
1 How I can hide sub category's (but not the product)
2. Or how make I custom fields for 1 product (item)
Sorry for me bad English
And thanks for your time!
Kind regards,
William
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.5
-- Joomla version -- : 4.0.0
Dear People,
I have order a business edition of Hika Shop to set some custom fields into product. I can only manage this in category's but I like to have in the future to manage this on each product.
Now I have product in 1 category and also there is 2 category because I like to setup some custom fields for 2 different products. One is a 5 pack and the other is 1 product.
Now I have create a menu with category view to see all products:
www.vapeholland.nl/e-liquids/mt-baker-vapor-usa-e-liquids
Now you see also the sub category's 5pack and Normaal. I Like to show only the products and the sub product and not the sub category's .
How to manage this.
1 How I can hide sub category's (but not the product)
2. Or how make I custom fields for 1 product (item)
Sorry for me bad English
And thanks for your time!
Kind regards,
William
Kind regards,
William van Veen
Wveen.com
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 7 months ago #192751
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic custom fields for some products
Hi,
What you need to do is to configure one category that you keep unpublished and add it in your custom field and your products which need the field. That way, the field will display only for these products and that category won't display on your frontend. It will be used only to link the fields and the products.
What you need to do is to configure one category that you keep unpublished and add it in your custom field and your products which need the field. That way, the field will display only for these products and that category won't display on your frontend. It will be used only to link the fields and the products.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 7 months ago #192898
by wveencom
Kind regards,
William van Veen
Wveen.com
Replied by wveencom on topic custom fields for some products
Dear Nicolas,
Thanks for your reply.
What you tells do
Create category A where standing category B and C with products and other custom fields.
I have category A and B and C
When I unpublished the category B the products will also not show up in category A and only C will show up
How to manage this?
Thanks for our time!
Thanks for your reply.
What you tells do
Create category A where standing category B and C with products and other custom fields.
I have category A and B and C
When I unpublished the category B the products will also not show up in category A and only C will show up
How to manage this?
Thanks for our time!
Kind regards,
William van Veen
Wveen.com
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 7 months ago #192930
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic custom fields for some products
Hi,
Remember that you can have several categories added in a product.
If your B category contains the products of the custom field, then you should unpublish it and make sure that your products are also into another category that is accessible.
Remember that you can have several categories added in a product.
If your B category contains the products of the custom field, then you should unpublish it and make sure that your products are also into another category that is accessible.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wveencom
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 7 months ago #193020
by wveencom
Kind regards,
William van Veen
Wveen.com
Replied by wveencom on topic custom fields for some products
Thanks mate! Easy step for a big solution
manny thanks!
Kind regards,
William van Veen
Wveen.com
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds