- Posts: 447
- Thank you received: 20
Related Products adding Random Products
11 years 7 months ago #193111
by davec
Related Products adding Random Products was created by davec
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.4.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.0
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.28
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox 36
Hi
I have a site that is adding random products to the related products. 3 related products are added for each product. When the client then checks, sometimes 24 hours later additional products are listed within the related products module.
This has been going on for a while but my client only made me aware within the last couple of days.
Dave
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.0
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.28
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox 36
Hi
I have a site that is adding random products to the related products. 3 related products are added for each product. When the client then checks, sometimes 24 hours later additional products are listed within the related products module.
This has been going on for a while but my client only made me aware within the last couple of days.
Dave
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
11 years 7 months ago #193127
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Related Products adding Random Products
Hello Dave,
What do you exactly mean by :
Thanks.
What do you exactly mean by :
I didn't totally understood so can you give me more information about it please ?I have a site that is adding random products to the related products
Thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #193245
by davec
Replied by davec on topic Related Products adding Random Products
Hello Mohamed
My client basically adds 3 related products via the admin. The site was then checked and additonal products were being listed.
For instance the Feminine Hygiene Products had 3 items added as related products. FW10 , NCADSST1 & DSL0001. However when the client checked the listing a while later the other products were also present. This has happened with other items too. I cannot see any reason for it.
I have attached a screenshot of that particular product and also the related products module so that you can see the settings.
Dave
My client basically adds 3 related products via the admin. The site was then checked and additonal products were being listed.
For instance the Feminine Hygiene Products had 3 items added as related products. FW10 , NCADSST1 & DSL0001. However when the client checked the listing a while later the other products were also present. This has happened with other items too. I cannot see any reason for it.
I have attached a screenshot of that particular product and also the related products module so that you can see the settings.
Dave
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by davec. Reason: typing error
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 7 months ago #193347
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Related Products adding Random Products
Hi,
You must have activated the option "Make product association in both ways" in the HikaShop configuration.
That will automatically add the product to its related products as related products so that they get always linked both ways without having to add the products both ways.
You must have activated the option "Make product association in both ways" in the HikaShop configuration.
That will automatically add the product to its related products as related products so that they get always linked both ways without having to add the products both ways.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 6 months ago #193514
by davec
Replied by davec on topic Related Products adding Random Products
Hi
I think this may have happened even after that option was switched off. It may be a good idea to leave the default as off as this sort of thing can get overlooked when updating Hikashop.
How long has that been available in Hikashop?
I will go back and check the config again and also make some changes to a product and see if that issue reoccurs.
Dave
I think this may have happened even after that option was switched off. It may be a good idea to leave the default as off as this sort of thing can get overlooked when updating Hikashop.
How long has that been available in Hikashop?
I will go back and check the config again and also make some changes to a product and see if that issue reoccurs.
Dave
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 6 months ago #193544
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Related Products adding Random Products
Hi,
This is available since the 2.3.4 if I remember well, so October.
This is available since the 2.3.4 if I remember well, so October.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.251 seconds