- Posts: 265
- Thank you received: 1
Canonical URL's and SEO
- Holmes-Pierce
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Hello,
All of my products are available from two links. In this example I'm going to use womens shoes. I can navigate to the product using either of these menus:
/womensshoes/product/* (This is always set up as my canonical)
or /womensbrands/brand/product/* which is another option.
The problem is that whichever way I navigate to the product that the URL, I always get the canonical URL on the product page. It seems to re-direct to the canonical. Why is this?
Thanks,
Hal
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Holmes-Pierce
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 265
- Thank you received: 1
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
That's because you must have the "Force canonical URL on listings" option activated in the Features tab of the HikaShop configuration.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Holmes-Pierce
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 265
- Thank you received: 1
Can I add them to my sitemap (xmap)?
I have the Hikashop Xmap plugin set to:
Show same product - Yes
Thanks,
Hal
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
That option is to use the canonical URL of the products on the listings, and potentially add the canonical URL to the products if missing at that point. Not to fill it in when you create a product.
The canonical URL will be used automatically by xmap if you filled it in the product and that you have a recent version of the xmap integration plugin (old versions didn't support canonical URLs as that option didn't exist).
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
where can I find specific information about Canonical URLs and SEO
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
suhail wrote: where can I find specific information about Canonical URLs and SEO
Hi,
For example here in the documentation:
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...ig.html#features_sef
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...roduct-form.html#seo
Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Thank you. All Canonical Urls is empty and I want to edit it via CSV. What should I fill in here for products and for category?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
suhail wrote: What should I fill in here for products and for category?
Well, it's all explained here in the link I already gave you: www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...roduct-form.html#seo
A valid URL for the product or category or else. Which one exactly this is only you know. To find out, you could also configure the respective SEF option to "Use canonical URL and generate it if missing" and load the product in the frontend for the system to auto-fill the canonical URL.
Again, the documentation explains it well, I'd say.
Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
site_url/category/product/product_name or something else?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
The canonical URL will be filled automatically by the system when displaying the first time a link to the product page if the "Force canonical URLs on listings" setting of the HikaShop configuration is set to "Use canonical URL and generate it if missing".
Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.