- Posts: 19
- Thank you received: 2
Showing image original size on product details
11 years 6 months ago #194600
by vlanciu
Showing image original size on product details was created by vlanciu
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.4.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4
Hello,
Is there a way to display original product image instead thumbnail on the product details page?
I would resize thumbnails and use them, but I need them in small sizes for products listing.
Br
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4
Hello,
Is there a way to display original product image instead thumbnail on the product details page?
I would resize thumbnails and use them, but I need them in small sizes for products listing.
Br
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #194604
by lousyfool
Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )
Replied by lousyfool on topic Showing image original size on product details
Deleted due to mistake.
Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by lousyfool.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 6 months ago #194692
by vlanciu
Replied by vlanciu on topic Showing image original size on product details
Thank you for your answer, but it doesn't work for product llisting.
- I changed the thumbnail's size in product configuration, to have bigger image in product details page. It works fine
- But for product listing I need smaller images , so I changed images widthheigh in menu product listing configuration, it seemt doesn't change the image size but only div size and the image is shwon bigger that I set please check attached files.
Might be I do something wrong in configuration?
- I changed the thumbnail's size in product configuration, to have bigger image in product details page. It works fine
- But for product listing I need smaller images , so I changed images widthheigh in menu product listing configuration, it seemt doesn't change the image size but only div size and the image is shwon bigger that I set please check attached files.
Might be I do something wrong in configuration?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 6 months ago #194716
by lousyfool
Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )
Replied by lousyfool on topic Showing image original size on product details
Sorry, I made a mistake - my bad. Of course, the image size on the product page has nothing to do with the thumbnail size. So, you want to empty the fields "Product page image width/height" in the system main configuration.
Leave the thumbnail sizes as you need them in product or category listings.
Sorry again for the mixup. :blush:
Leave the thumbnail sizes as you need them in product or category listings.
Sorry again for the mixup. :blush:
Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 6 months ago #194721
by vlanciu
Replied by vlanciu on topic Showing image original size on product details
No problem, But how can I use product image original size on details page?
And in same time use small thumbnail image? on product listing page?
I want to have original image on product description not thumbnail.
And in same time use small thumbnail image? on product listing page?
I want to have original image on product description not thumbnail.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 6 months ago #194725
by lousyfool
Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )
Replied by lousyfool on topic Showing image original size on product details
With "original size" you mean "not downsized but the same as uploaded", I assume.
Again, empty the fields for "Product page image width/height" in the system main configuration. That's here: www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...fig.html#main_images
In the same section, "Thumbnail width/height" is for the (smaller) images in product or category listings. If you want 100x100px as per the configuration in your screenshot, enter these values here. However, you can change these values for an individual listing in its configuration (as shown in your screenshot).
Note that you only enter numbers - not "px". And don't forget to save.
Again, empty the fields for "Product page image width/height" in the system main configuration. That's here: www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...fig.html#main_images
In the same section, "Thumbnail width/height" is for the (smaller) images in product or category listings. If you want 100x100px as per the configuration in your screenshot, enter these values here. However, you can change these values for an individual listing in its configuration (as shown in your screenshot).
Note that you only enter numbers - not "px". And don't forget to save.
Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 6 months ago #194731
by vlanciu
Replied by vlanciu on topic Showing image original size on product details
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 6 months ago #194739
by lousyfool
Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )
Replied by lousyfool on topic Showing image original size on product details
What size are the original pictures you're uploading? If the mentioned fields are empty but the image on the page is smaller than the original, you should delete all subfolders in /images/com_hikashop/upload/thumbnails (if you had installed a previous version of HikaShop from which you updated, it's /media/com_hikashop/upload/thumbnails).
It will delete all thumbnails including this that had been generated when you had values in the fields and which are still loaded now. No worries, all other thumbnails for listings will automatically be re-generated once required.
It will delete all thumbnails including this that had been generated when you had values in the fields and which are still loaded now. No worries, all other thumbnails for listings will automatically be re-generated once required.
Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 6 months ago #194740
by vlanciu
Replied by vlanciu on topic Showing image original size on product details
Yeah , I know that Hikashop regenerate the thumbnails. Let me explain again the problem.
- When I go to product detail page it shows me all images of product
- But these are thumbnails and for view whole image I need to click to thumbnail and popup will show real size image.
- I don't want to have thumbnail on product page but rigth way big image (original size, or bigger size than thumbnail).
* Cause having small image in product page doesn't seam well for me it's not informative.
- The resizing thumbnail image to bigger in hikashop configuration also not solution cause it cause bigger images in product list module.
Think it's should be more clear now.
Thank you
- When I go to product detail page it shows me all images of product
- But these are thumbnails and for view whole image I need to click to thumbnail and popup will show real size image.
- I don't want to have thumbnail on product page but rigth way big image (original size, or bigger size than thumbnail).
* Cause having small image in product page doesn't seam well for me it's not informative.
- The resizing thumbnail image to bigger in hikashop configuration also not solution cause it cause bigger images in product list module.
Think it's should be more clear now.
Thank you
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 6 months ago #194812
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Showing image original size on product details
Hi,
If you want to increase the size of the thumbnail on the product page, you can set the size you want in the product page image width/height" setting of the HikaShop configuration.
Please note that there was an issue with the first build of the 2.4.0 release so if you set a size there and it doesn't change the thumbnail size on the product page, it could be that you have that first build and you would have to download again the install package via the menu My account>My subscriptions and install it on your website again in order to get the patch for that.
If you still have the issue, maybe we're not talking about the same thing and we would need a link to a product page and a screenshot with the image that you want to change circled in the screenshot so that we are sure we're talking about the same thing
If you want to increase the size of the thumbnail on the product page, you can set the size you want in the product page image width/height" setting of the HikaShop configuration.
Please note that there was an issue with the first build of the 2.4.0 release so if you set a size there and it doesn't change the thumbnail size on the product page, it could be that you have that first build and you would have to download again the install package via the menu My account>My subscriptions and install it on your website again in order to get the patch for that.
If you still have the issue, maybe we're not talking about the same thing and we would need a link to a product page and a screenshot with the image that you want to change circled in the screenshot so that we are sure we're talking about the same thing
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 6 months ago #194825
by vlanciu
Replied by vlanciu on topic Showing image original size on product details
Hello,
thank you very very much , it was the porblem. I updated with new version and now I can play with sizes for product details page and thumbnails separetly even give individual size for imagges in modules.
It's very nice product.
Thank again.
Best regards,
Victoria.
thank you very very much , it was the porblem. I updated with new version and now I can play with sizes for product details page and thumbnails separetly even give individual size for imagges in modules.
It's very nice product.
Thank again.
Best regards,
Victoria.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.262 seconds