- Posts: 966
- Thank you received: 11
Menu Issues
11 years 6 months ago #194806
by MyWorld
Menu Issues was created by MyWorld
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.5
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.0
I am having problems with the menu.
1) If I choose "Type of Content = Product" all of the menus are showing the same products.
For example, the first page on the menu is "Womens", then I have "Men", "Accessories", "Jewellery", etc...
When I click on "Womens" it shows the correct content but when I click on any of the other categories they are all showing the "Womens" product, they are not showing the products in their categories.
2) Also, when I click on "MEN", then on "Clothing" it takes me to the Women's clothing category. Please see the attached.
Thanks
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.0
I am having problems with the menu.
1) If I choose "Type of Content = Product" all of the menus are showing the same products.
For example, the first page on the menu is "Womens", then I have "Men", "Accessories", "Jewellery", etc...
When I click on "Womens" it shows the correct content but when I click on any of the other categories they are all showing the "Womens" product, they are not showing the products in their categories.
2) Also, when I click on "MEN", then on "Clothing" it takes me to the Women's clothing category. Please see the attached.
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 6 months ago #194813
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Menu Issues
Hi,
I'm sorry but I don't understand what you have configured and what is really your issue.
Having more details about the configuration and a link to your website will help us to help you.
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...splay-front-end.html
Regards,
I'm sorry but I don't understand what you have configured and what is really your issue.
Having more details about the configuration and a link to your website will help us to help you.
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...splay-front-end.html
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 6 months ago #194869
by MyWorld
Replied by MyWorld on topic Menu Issues
Hi Jerome,
1) As I indicated above if I choose "Type of Content = Product" all of the menus at the top (horizontal menu), are showing the same products.
2) And the menu on the left when I click on "MEN", then on "Clothing" it takes me to the Women's clothing category.
I sent you the link privately.
Thank you!
1) As I indicated above if I choose "Type of Content = Product" all of the menus at the top (horizontal menu), are showing the same products.
2) And the menu on the left when I click on "MEN", then on "Clothing" it takes me to the Women's clothing category.
I sent you the link privately.
Thank you!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 6 months ago #194901
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Menu Issues
Hi,
1. That's because you need to configure them properly. I've done it for you for the women and men menu items. So just compare with the others and do the same.
2. That's something you should see with the support of the module you're using... I've done it for you by simply entering the id of a category listing menu in the itemid option of the module and it's now working.
1. That's because you need to configure them properly. I've done it for you for the women and men menu items. So just compare with the others and do the same.
2. That's something you should see with the support of the module you're using... I've done it for you by simply entering the id of a category listing menu in the itemid option of the module and it's now working.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #194997
by MyWorld
This is also odd because it worked fine on the old site so not sure what the issue could be. I spent approx a week trying to figure this out with the owner of the module as I thought it would the module that was causing the issue and have no luck so far
.
3. The Category seems to be stuck on Page 2. Please use the "Women" category to test what I am trying to explain as it is the only category with the pagination at the bottom.
If you click on the menu "Women", and look at the bottom of the page you will see that there are two pages. If I click on page 2, then click on the menu "Women" after that, you will notice that it stays on page 2 - should it not default to page 1? And no matter where on the site I go when I come back to that menu it always takes me to page 2 rather than page 1.
I thought it was an issue with my browser but I tried it in other browsers and the same thing happens.
Any idea why that is happening?
Thank you!
Replied by MyWorld on topic Menu Issues
Thank you Nicolas for helping with this. It's working fine now.1. That's because you need to configure them properly. I've done it for you for the women and men menu items. So just compare with the others and do the same.
This one I see no change - it is still defaulting to the women's category as indicated above. It seems to only do this whenever the sub-categories have the same name. It does this to the "Clothing" and "Shoes" sub-categories when you click on them in the MEN's menu they default to the WOMEN's menu.2. That's something you should see with the support of the module you're using... I've done it for you by simply entering the id of a category listing menu in the itemid option of the module and it's now working.
This is also odd because it worked fine on the old site so not sure what the issue could be. I spent approx a week trying to figure this out with the owner of the module as I thought it would the module that was causing the issue and have no luck so far
3. The Category seems to be stuck on Page 2. Please use the "Women" category to test what I am trying to explain as it is the only category with the pagination at the bottom.
If you click on the menu "Women", and look at the bottom of the page you will see that there are two pages. If I click on page 2, then click on the menu "Women" after that, you will notice that it stays on page 2 - should it not default to page 1? And no matter where on the site I go when I come back to that menu it always takes me to page 2 rather than page 1.
I thought it was an issue with my browser but I tried it in other browsers and the same thing happens.
Any idea why that is happening?
Thank you!
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by MyWorld.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 6 months ago #195065
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Menu Issues
Hi,
2. Turn off the "remove categories and products ids from URLs" option of the HikaShop configuration, or enter different alias for the different categories and you won't have the problem.
3. That's normal. It's that way by default so that the customer doesn't loose the page he was on when he clicked on a product and then decided to come back to the listing.
Now if you want to change it, you can switch the "redirect POST mode" option of the HikaShop configuration.
2. Turn off the "remove categories and products ids from URLs" option of the HikaShop configuration, or enter different alias for the different categories and you won't have the problem.
3. That's normal. It's that way by default so that the customer doesn't loose the page he was on when he clicked on a product and then decided to come back to the listing.
Now if you want to change it, you can switch the "redirect POST mode" option of the HikaShop configuration.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.187 seconds