- Posts: 272
- Thank you received: 7
Two canonical URLs for same product page
11 years 6 months ago #195167
by boopoo
Two canonical URLs for same product page was created by boopoo
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.4.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.0
Hi there,
When I look at the page source, I see that I have two canonical URLs for each product page.
The actual product page is of course a canonical but then also when you add a product to the cart the URL changes to www.mysite.fr/online-shop/myproduct?popup=1 (with '?popup=1' being added to the URL due to the popup which is used). However this second URLwith '?popup=1' is also treated as a canonical.
Is there an easy way I can stop the '?popup=1' URLs beign treated as a canonical?
Thanks again
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.0
Hi there,
When I look at the page source, I see that I have two canonical URLs for each product page.
The actual product page is of course a canonical but then also when you add a product to the cart the URL changes to www.mysite.fr/online-shop/myproduct?popup=1 (with '?popup=1' being added to the URL due to the popup which is used). However this second URLwith '?popup=1' is also treated as a canonical.
Is there an easy way I can stop the '?popup=1' URLs beign treated as a canonical?
Thanks again
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 6 months ago #195622
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Two canonical URLs for same product page
Hi,
You should disable the system SEF plugin of Joomla via the Joomla plugins manager.
It's the one adding that wrong canonical URL on your page.
You should disable the system SEF plugin of Joomla via the Joomla plugins manager.
It's the one adding that wrong canonical URL on your page.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 6 months ago #195636
by boopoo
Replied by boopoo on topic Two canonical URLs for same product page
Hi Nicolas,
Thank you for that bit of information.
Is the "System -SEF" Joomla plugin linked to the "Search Engine Friendly URL's" in the site settings? Can I disable "System - SEF" without it affecting my "Search Engine Friendly URL's" option in site settings?
Thanks again
Thank you for that bit of information.
Is the "System -SEF" Joomla plugin linked to the "Search Engine Friendly URL's" in the site settings? Can I disable "System - SEF" without it affecting my "Search Engine Friendly URL's" option in site settings?
Thanks again
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 6 months ago #195662
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Two canonical URLs for same product page
Hi,
Yes, that should not be a problem.
Yes, that should not be a problem.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.162 seconds