- Posts: 265
- Thank you received: 1
Open Graph
- Holmes-Pierce
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
11 years 6 months ago #195175
by Holmes-Pierce
Open Graph was created by Holmes-Pierce
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.3.6
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6
Hello,
I'm having problems with sharing my products on Facebook. The image isn't showing, I am stumped as to why this has started happening, because it used to be fine...
I've had a look at the Facebook debugger and I've attached a screen shot as to it's discovery.
Can anybody help?
Thanks,
Hal
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6
Hello,
I'm having problems with sharing my products on Facebook. The image isn't showing, I am stumped as to why this has started happening, because it used to be fine...
I've had a look at the Facebook debugger and I've attached a screen shot as to it's discovery.
Can anybody help?
Thanks,
Hal
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 6 months ago #195267
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Open Graph
Hi,
Please see the threads:
www.hikashop.com/forum/4-how-to/874951-h...p-social-plugin.html
And
www.hikashop.com/forum/product-category-...n-facebook-page.html
Regards,
Please see the threads:
www.hikashop.com/forum/4-how-to/874951-h...p-social-plugin.html
And
www.hikashop.com/forum/product-category-...n-facebook-page.html
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Holmes-Pierce
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 265
- Thank you received: 1
11 years 6 months ago #195362
by Holmes-Pierce
Replied by Holmes-Pierce on topic Open Graph
Thanks for your reply,
I have followed the instructions of the top link, but I have different code in that php file. I'm running 2.3.4 is there a newer version of this file?
if(!empty($this->meta)){
foreach($this->meta as $k => $v){
if(!strpos($body,$k)){
$body=str_replace('</head>', $v.'</head>', $body);
}
}
}
Thanks,
Hal
I have followed the instructions of the top link, but I have different code in that php file. I'm running 2.3.4 is there a newer version of this file?
if(!empty($this->meta)){
foreach($this->meta as $k => $v){
if(!strpos($body,$k)){
$body=str_replace('</head>', $v.'</head>', $body);
}
}
}
Thanks,
Hal
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 6 months ago #195408
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Open Graph
Hi,
Yes. The social networks plugin received several fixes since the 2.3.4. So you might want to update HikaShop.
Or at least get the install package of the latest version, zip the files in the folder back/extensions/plg_system_hikashopsocial/ of the package and install that zip in your Joomla in order to get the latest version of the social networks plugin.
Yes. The social networks plugin received several fixes since the 2.3.4. So you might want to update HikaShop.
Or at least get the install package of the latest version, zip the files in the folder back/extensions/plg_system_hikashopsocial/ of the package and install that zip in your Joomla in order to get the latest version of the social networks plugin.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Holmes-Pierce
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 265
- Thank you received: 1
11 years 6 months ago #195477
by Holmes-Pierce
Replied by Holmes-Pierce on topic Open Graph
Thanks for the confirmation.
I can't update at the moment, as the website was made by a web developer and I started managing it afterwards. Would you be kind enough to share the file for the social networks plugin whilst I sort out my problem?
Kind regards,
Hal
I can't update at the moment, as the website was made by a web developer and I started managing it afterwards. Would you be kind enough to share the file for the social networks plugin whilst I sort out my problem?
Kind regards,
Hal
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 6 months ago #195478
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Open Graph
Hi,
As Nicolas explained, you can find the latest version of the plugin in HikaShop 2.4.0 package ; just follow the instruction in his message to extract the hikashopsocial plugin in order to just update the plugin and not HikaShop.
Regards,
As Nicolas explained, you can find the latest version of the plugin in HikaShop 2.4.0 package ; just follow the instruction in his message to extract the hikashopsocial plugin in order to just update the plugin and not HikaShop.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Holmes-Pierce
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 265
- Thank you received: 1
11 years 6 months ago #195530
by Holmes-Pierce
Replied by Holmes-Pierce on topic Open Graph
Hello,
I realised that I could get that file from the starter package. I have installed the new zip file and have the version 2.4.0. for hikashop social.
Unfortunately, I'm still having the same problem. I'm not getting an image when sharing on Facebook.
Can you please help?
Thanks,
Hal
I realised that I could get that file from the starter package. I have installed the new zip file and have the version 2.4.0. for hikashop social.
Unfortunately, I'm still having the same problem. I'm not getting an image when sharing on Facebook.
Can you please help?
Thanks,
Hal
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 6 months ago #195619
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Open Graph
Hi,
I've checked your product page meta data and they are now correct. So all that's left is for Facebook to fetch the image from the meta data.
However, when I try to access the image directly, I'm getting that error:
take.ms/DVcmB
So there is something on your web server preventing me (and facebook) from loading the file of the image, which explains why it still doesn't work.
You should seek advice with your system administrator/hosting company. It is not normal that we get that error when trying to load the image directly.
I've checked your product page meta data and they are now correct. So all that's left is for Facebook to fetch the image from the meta data.
However, when I try to access the image directly, I'm getting that error:
take.ms/DVcmB
So there is something on your web server preventing me (and facebook) from loading the file of the image, which explains why it still doesn't work.
You should seek advice with your system administrator/hosting company. It is not normal that we get that error when trying to load the image directly.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds