Displaying subcategories only
11 years 6 months ago #195904
by iedwards
Displaying subcategories only was created by iedwards
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.4.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.1
Hi,
I have product categories arranged on two levels, I have about 6 main categories and each of these have about 4 subcategories.
I want to set up a menu item that displays the subcategories grouped by main category, how can I do this?
Hope that makes sense!
Thanks,
Ian
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.1
Hi,
I have product categories arranged on two levels, I have about 6 main categories and each of these have about 4 subcategories.
I want to set up a menu item that displays the subcategories grouped by main category, how can I do this?
Hope that makes sense!
Thanks,
Ian
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 6 months ago #195931
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Displaying subcategories only
Hi,
You can create a categories listing menu (or module) and in its HikaShop configuration, you can turn on the option "Show sub categories" in order to see the sub categories for each main category of the listing.
You can create a categories listing menu (or module) and in its HikaShop configuration, you can turn on the option "Show sub categories" in order to see the sub categories for each main category of the listing.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 6 months ago #195964
by iedwards
Replied by iedwards on topic Displaying subcategories only
Hi Nicolas,
Thanks for the reply.
Yes I'm aware of that but you can't display the sub categories without displaying their parents, I just want to show the subcategories.
I have now done a template over ride for listing_div.php which only shows categories that have no child categories, that seems to work. It might be a useful enhancement to be able to set the category level for display.
Thanks again,
Ian
Thanks for the reply.
Yes I'm aware of that but you can't display the sub categories without displaying their parents, I just want to show the subcategories.
I have now done a template over ride for listing_div.php which only shows categories that have no child categories, that seems to work. It might be a useful enhancement to be able to set the category level for display.
Thanks again,
Ian
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds