- Posts: 35
- Thank you received: 0
Canonical or custom Alias
- PigeonTech
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
11 years 6 months ago #196038
by PigeonTech
Canonical or custom Alias was created by PigeonTech
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.5
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6
-- PHP version -- : 5.4
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox36.0.4
I have 2 menus linking to my store categories. Both use the HikaShop Categories Listing menu type.
The URL from the root of each menu is of the format:
http://mydomain/category
But the URL when linked from a product or category within hikashop is of the format:
http://mydomain/store/product/product description
or
http://mydomain/store/category/category description
From an SEO POV this is not good. I need the URLs to be the same whether I link from a menu or from the products / category itself.
I have read some of the other posts in this forum related to this type of issue but can't find a suitable answer. I have Use Canonical URL and generate if missing turned on.
Alias automatic filling is also on. I'm not sure what else to look for.
Any help much appreciated. Thanks
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6
-- PHP version -- : 5.4
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox36.0.4
I have 2 menus linking to my store categories. Both use the HikaShop Categories Listing menu type.
The URL from the root of each menu is of the format:
http://mydomain/category
But the URL when linked from a product or category within hikashop is of the format:
http://mydomain/store/product/product description
or
http://mydomain/store/category/category description
From an SEO POV this is not good. I need the URLs to be the same whether I link from a menu or from the products / category itself.
I have read some of the other posts in this forum related to this type of issue but can't find a suitable answer. I have Use Canonical URL and generate if missing turned on.
Alias automatic filling is also on. I'm not sure what else to look for.
Any help much appreciated. Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 6 months ago #196053
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Canonical or custom Alias
Hi,
When you edit a product/category, you can see the "canonical URL" field. There, you can enter the URL that you want that will be used on the listings generated by HikaShop.
So if you have a URL http://mydomain/category for a menu to go to a category, you can edit that category and enter that URL in the canonical URL field of that category and you'll get what you want.
When you edit a product/category, you can see the "canonical URL" field. There, you can enter the URL that you want that will be used on the listings generated by HikaShop.
So if you have a URL http://mydomain/category for a menu to go to a category, you can edit that category and enter that URL in the canonical URL field of that category and you'll get what you want.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PigeonTech
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.132 seconds