- Posts: 45
- Thank you received: 1
Characteristics selection method [List]
11 years 6 months ago #196087
by DFX
Characteristics selection method [List] was created by DFX
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.4.0
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.28
-- PHP version -- : n/a
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : n/a
Hi,
I can't seem to find much info about the setting; Characteristics selection method (list) in the documentation. The section that outlines 'Characteristics selection method' seems to cover 3 out of 4 options.
When I select 'list' the product page changes to have a price of 'free' with a list of characteristics with and add to cart button, but no prices? I wanted the prices to be displayed as well and I can't help but wonder what this feature is for if it doesn't show the prices? Did I do something wrong? Is it working as intended?
Thanks for your help.
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.28
-- PHP version -- : n/a
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : n/a
Hi,
I can't seem to find much info about the setting; Characteristics selection method (list) in the documentation. The section that outlines 'Characteristics selection method' seems to cover 3 out of 4 options.
When I select 'list' the product page changes to have a price of 'free' with a list of characteristics with and add to cart button, but no prices? I wanted the prices to be displayed as well and I can't help but wonder what this feature is for if it doesn't show the prices? Did I do something wrong? Is it working as intended?
Thanks for your help.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 6 months ago #196106
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Characteristics selection method [List]
Hi,
If the variants are listed with a "free" price that's just because you don't set a price to the variants.
Please try to set a price value via the product edition page > manage variants.
If the variants are listed with a "free" price that's just because you don't set a price to the variants.
Please try to set a price value via the product edition page > manage variants.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 6 months ago #196209
by DFX
Replied by DFX on topic Characteristics selection method [List]
Ok, but then why does the price work if I change it to say radio button or drop box? If I had not put the pricing in correctly then it would say 'free' then as well, right? But that is not the case. If I change it to any other option apart from 'List', the price shows correctly.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 6 months ago #196215
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Characteristics selection method [List]
Hi,
I did a test on my end.
When I don't have any prices in any of the variants of the product, there is no price column for the variants table, as it should be since they all have the same price: take.ms/1FFHw
If however I set a price to one of the variants, then the price column displays and all the prices display on the variants table: take.ms/GhVOr
In both cases, it works fine.
So on my end it works as intended.
Either you have a case we didn't thought about and are not able to reproduce, or you have a template customization on the show_block_characteristic view file which doesn't handle the price display properly.
I did a test on my end.
When I don't have any prices in any of the variants of the product, there is no price column for the variants table, as it should be since they all have the same price: take.ms/1FFHw
If however I set a price to one of the variants, then the price column displays and all the prices display on the variants table: take.ms/GhVOr
In both cases, it works fine.
So on my end it works as intended.
Either you have a case we didn't thought about and are not able to reproduce, or you have a template customization on the show_block_characteristic view file which doesn't handle the price display properly.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 5 months ago #200233
by DFX
Replied by DFX on topic Characteristics selection method [List]
Ok my problem was that I had put the price of the main product as 0 so then the variant prices wouldn't display. Instead, I have put the main product price as 0.0001 as that seems to work fine.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mohamed Thelji
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.187 seconds