- Posts: 157
- Thank you received: 2
Adding a value to characteristics?
11 years 6 months ago #196605
by Carolek
Adding a value to characteristics? was created by Carolek
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
www.yaeliq.com/fruits/product/147949-yaeliq-s-fruit-bar.html
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.5
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.27
All I need is to add a fruit flavor to the list of fruits.
I added the flavor to the values in the characteristics, but it's not appeared in frontend. Why?
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.5
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.27
All I need is to add a fruit flavor to the list of fruits.
I added the flavor to the values in the characteristics, but it's not appeared in frontend. Why?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 6 months ago #196616
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Adding a value to characteristics?
Hi,
New characteristic values are not added automatically to all the products.
You need to edit each product, click on the "manage variants" button there, and create the new variants for each product for that new characteristic value.
New characteristic values are not added automatically to all the products.
You need to edit each product, click on the "manage variants" button there, and create the new variants for each product for that new characteristic value.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 6 months ago #196666
by Carolek
Replied by Carolek on topic Adding a value to characteristics?
Sorry, I can't make it. I'll try to explain:
I have a product (Yaeliq fruit bar). This product have some options, some of the options are "add flavor". I need to add to this options more fruits. I went to characteristics => flavors 1 and added the options I need to appear. This is not working. You told me to click on the "manage variants" and create the new variants for the product. But when I click on it I have no possibility to add new variants, only the one that are already there. Is there a tutorial step by step how to add some variants to an existing characteristic?
Thanks
I have a product (Yaeliq fruit bar). This product have some options, some of the options are "add flavor". I need to add to this options more fruits. I went to characteristics => flavors 1 and added the options I need to appear. This is not working. You told me to click on the "manage variants" and create the new variants for the product. But when I click on it I have no possibility to add new variants, only the one that are already there. Is there a tutorial step by step how to add some variants to an existing characteristic?
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
11 years 6 months ago #196672
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Adding a value to characteristics?
Hello,
Note that before doing it, you'll have to directly add your new value through your characteristic via "Hikashop->Products->Characteristics".But when I click on it I have no possibility to add new variants, only the one that are already there. Is there a tutorial step by step how to add some variants to an existing characteristic?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 6 months ago #196737
by Carolek
Replied by Carolek on topic Adding a value to characteristics?
I added the values but the values are not appeared in front. I create the characteristic again. This is very strange cause if I change the name of an existing value, I can see the change. But if I add a value, I can't.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 6 months ago #196745
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Adding a value to characteristics?
Hi,
Once a value is added in "Hikashop->Products->Characteristics", so in the product edition page as Nicolas said you have to click on "Manage variants" and then in the listing you have to click on the "New" button in the toolbar, and here you should be able to select the desired values for this variant based on the newly created characteristic entries.
If it still not possible for you, please post a screenshot of the page where the issue appear.
Once a value is added in "Hikashop->Products->Characteristics", so in the product edition page as Nicolas said you have to click on "Manage variants" and then in the listing you have to click on the "New" button in the toolbar, and here you should be able to select the desired values for this variant based on the newly created characteristic entries.
If it still not possible for you, please post a screenshot of the page where the issue appear.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 6 months ago #196832
by Carolek
Replied by Carolek on topic Adding a value to characteristics?
I made it but not in the way you explain. This not working for me.
1- I added the new values in the characteristics and saved
2- I went to the product with this characteristic in it, deleted this one, saved and added it again. Only after all of this I can see the new value in the option.
Before this I delete the options but not save. This is very strange cause I can see the values on the backend and can't see in front end. Now it's OK but not working for me in the way you explain.
Thank you
1- I added the new values in the characteristics and saved
2- I went to the product with this characteristic in it, deleted this one, saved and added it again. Only after all of this I can see the new value in the option.
Before this I delete the options but not save. This is very strange cause I can see the values on the backend and can't see in front end. Now it's OK but not working for me in the way you explain.
Thank you
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 6 months ago #196862
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Adding a value to characteristics?
I can assure you that the way we explained worked. So you must be missing something in that method.
But if you didn't configure your variants and just use their default values, then your method is actually easier so yes, just do like that and delete the characteristic from the product and add it back and it will regenerate all the variants.
But if you didn't configure your variants and just use their default values, then your method is actually easier so yes, just do like that and delete the characteristic from the product and add it back and it will regenerate all the variants.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carolek
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds