- Posts: 69
- Thank you received: 1
problem with category URL's indexed in google
11 years 6 months ago #197360
by babaei
problem with category URL's indexed in google was created by babaei
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.5
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.28
Hello
I have several product category that are indexed in google in wrong URLs.
For example this is my category URL according to menu alias:
instrucenter.com/fa/portable-test-equipm...pments/miliohm-meter
but this category is indexed in google in different URL:
instrucenter.com/fa/hikashop-menu-for-mo...ry/181-miliohm-meter
I also have this problem with my product URLs too.
so my breadcrumb is different in this to URLs too. and I think it is doubt full for visitors.
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.28
Hello
I have several product category that are indexed in google in wrong URLs.
For example this is my category URL according to menu alias:
instrucenter.com/fa/portable-test-equipm...pments/miliohm-meter
but this category is indexed in google in different URL:
instrucenter.com/fa/hikashop-menu-for-mo...ry/181-miliohm-meter
I also have this problem with my product URLs too.
so my breadcrumb is different in this to URLs too. and I think it is doubt full for visitors.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 6 months ago #197381
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic problem with category URL's indexed in google
Hi,
You need to edit the category and enter the URL you want in the "canonical URL" option of your category.
That will fix the indexed link next time google indexes it.
For your visitors, if you want the same URL everywhere, you can turn on the "force canonical URL on listings" option of the HikaShop configuration.
The same is true for products.
You need to edit the category and enter the URL you want in the "canonical URL" option of your category.
That will fix the indexed link next time google indexes it.
For your visitors, if you want the same URL everywhere, you can turn on the "force canonical URL on listings" option of the HikaShop configuration.
The same is true for products.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.146 seconds