- Posts: 190
- Thank you received: 2
I am wanting to combine urls to not have duplicate
11 years 4 months ago #201806
by scarney
I am wanting to combine urls to not have duplicate was created by scarney
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
www.veggievore.com/
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.4.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.1
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.9
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : not a browser issue
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : No error message. Just looking for different urls.
At my site at www.veggievore.com/ I am getting two different URLs for the same page. What I wonder is if I can take the string "product/" out of the urls created with HikaShop component?
Here are the different URLs that show the same content:
Create by component by clicking on Menu DVD and then clicking on a DVD link:
www.veggievore.com/dvd/product/why-we-do-what-we-do
Created by the Menus:
www.veggievore.com/dvd/why-we-do-what-we-do
I would be happy if I could make both of them go to the URL created by the Menus. Is that possible?
Thank you, Sean Carney
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.4.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.1
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.9
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : not a browser issue
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : No error message. Just looking for different urls.
At my site at www.veggievore.com/ I am getting two different URLs for the same page. What I wonder is if I can take the string "product/" out of the urls created with HikaShop component?
Here are the different URLs that show the same content:
Create by component by clicking on Menu DVD and then clicking on a DVD link:
www.veggievore.com/dvd/product/why-we-do-what-we-do
Created by the Menus:
www.veggievore.com/dvd/why-we-do-what-we-do
I would be happy if I could make both of them go to the URL created by the Menus. Is that possible?
Thank you, Sean Carney
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 4 months ago #201811
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic I am wanting to combine urls to not have duplicate
Hi,
Yes, that's possible. You should enter the URL you want in the "canonical URL" field of your products and make sure that the "force canonical URL on listings" option of the HikaShop configuration is turned on.
Yes, that's possible. You should enter the URL you want in the "canonical URL" field of your products and make sure that the "force canonical URL on listings" option of the HikaShop configuration is turned on.
The following user(s) said Thank You: scarney
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 4 months ago #201898
by scarney
Replied by scarney on topic I am wanting to combine urls to not have duplicate
That worked like a charm. Thank you!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds