- Posts: 301
- Thank you received: 1
Images Missing on Product Page
11 years 4 months ago #202796
by Huski
Images Missing on Product Page was created by Huski
-- HikaShop version -- : Latest
-- Joomla version -- : Latest
I have found a weird thing that has happened. I am not sure when and not sure if I did something to cause it but images which have been assigned to a product, and even to categories have disappeared.
See here: www.ecomad.com.au/mmp_upgrade/ecoshop/draught-seals/vent-seals - images which were there are now gone.
and here in a product: www.ecomad.com.au/mmp_upgrade/ecoshop/dr...-cover-square-medium
With this one, in the admin site there are 4 images associated with the product yet only 2 showing on the front end.
Any ideas?
-- Joomla version -- : Latest
I have found a weird thing that has happened. I am not sure when and not sure if I did something to cause it but images which have been assigned to a product, and even to categories have disappeared.
See here: www.ecomad.com.au/mmp_upgrade/ecoshop/draught-seals/vent-seals - images which were there are now gone.
and here in a product: www.ecomad.com.au/mmp_upgrade/ecoshop/dr...-cover-square-medium
With this one, in the admin site there are 4 images associated with the product yet only 2 showing on the front end.
Any ideas?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 4 months ago #202839
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Images Missing on Product Page
Hi,
I do see images on that page: take.ms/ajkbN
And I do see the 4 images on that second link too: take.ms/smfun
It seems however that you have some problems with the images that were half uploaded and then HikaShop generated the thumbnails out of the half uploaded images and thus you get these grey parts at the end of the images.
You would have to reupload the images in the upload folder via FTP (and make sure that the upload runs properly) and then delete the thumbnails folders so that HikaShop would then recreate all the thumbnails from the correct images.
I do see images on that page: take.ms/ajkbN
And I do see the 4 images on that second link too: take.ms/smfun
It seems however that you have some problems with the images that were half uploaded and then HikaShop generated the thumbnails out of the half uploaded images and thus you get these grey parts at the end of the images.
You would have to reupload the images in the upload folder via FTP (and make sure that the upload runs properly) and then delete the thumbnails folders so that HikaShop would then recreate all the thumbnails from the correct images.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 4 months ago #202936
by Huski
Replied by Huski on topic Images Missing on Product Page
Its strange - why aren't I seeing them in Firefox on my computer? Must be an issue my end. I have opened it up in Chrome and I am getting a different look - some greyed, some showing, some not. I wonder if the images are too big. Why is the grey coming up - when I go into cpanel and to the folder and look at the images everything looks fine.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 4 months ago #202967
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Images Missing on Product Page
Hi,
As I said, the grey part means that there is a problem with the content of the images and the browser has a hard time decoding it. Chrome might be better at decoding the corrupted images than firefox, which could explain why they don't show at all on firefox.
As I said, the grey part means that there is a problem with the content of the images and the browser has a hard time decoding it. Chrome might be better at decoding the corrupted images than firefox, which could explain why they don't show at all on firefox.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #204220
by Huski
Replied by Huski on topic Images Missing on Product Page
Still having issues with the images.
I can't quite work out how the thumbnails directory works. There seems to be so many directories and some almost the same with slight difference such as 200x300 and 200x300f.
Is there an explanation anywhere on how this all works.
I can't quite work out how the thumbnails directory works. There seems to be so many directories and some almost the same with slight difference such as 200x300 and 200x300f.
Is there an explanation anywhere on how this all works.
Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by Huski. Reason: update
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 3 months ago #204272
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Images Missing on Product Page
Hi,
HikaShop stores your images in the folder images/com_hikashop/upload (or media/com_hikashop/upload for old versions).
That's where you have your original images. You need to make sure these are valid (via FTP for example, or the media manager of Joomla).
Then, when HikaShop has to generate thumbnails, it will generate them with the same name in the thumbnails sub folders of that folder.
When you change the size settings of your thumbnails, a new subfolder of the thumbnails folder is created with new thumbnails generated for that specific size.
So if you have different size of thumbnails, and if you change the images settings, new thumbnails folders keep being created when the thumbnails of the specified sizes are necessary.
If you want to clean them, simply delete the whole thumbnails folder. HikaShop will recreate the folders with the thumbnails when needed. So if you had old corrupt thumbnails of your images, deleting the old thumbnails will allow HikaShop to regenerate them with the new correct origin image.
HikaShop stores your images in the folder images/com_hikashop/upload (or media/com_hikashop/upload for old versions).
That's where you have your original images. You need to make sure these are valid (via FTP for example, or the media manager of Joomla).
Then, when HikaShop has to generate thumbnails, it will generate them with the same name in the thumbnails sub folders of that folder.
When you change the size settings of your thumbnails, a new subfolder of the thumbnails folder is created with new thumbnails generated for that specific size.
So if you have different size of thumbnails, and if you change the images settings, new thumbnails folders keep being created when the thumbnails of the specified sizes are necessary.
If you want to clean them, simply delete the whole thumbnails folder. HikaShop will recreate the folders with the thumbnails when needed. So if you had old corrupt thumbnails of your images, deleting the old thumbnails will allow HikaShop to regenerate them with the new correct origin image.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.182 seconds