Guidance on template creation
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.1
Forgive me if I've missed some documentation somewhere, but I've been hunting around for a while and can't seem to turn up what I need. I think my first mistake may have been my choices on the wizard not being correct, but I'm having a difficult time getting anything to show up correctly on my custom Joomla template. (is there anyway to re-run the wizard?)
I understand how to configure HikaShop (i've even watched the introductory video, etc...)
The problem I'm having is if I want to display a simple list of categories on the left hand side (I have a custom module called "sidebar") and I've been somewhat successful in doing this, however, I notice on the protostar template there are a huge number of hikashop modules I don't see. I'm wondering is there a default module position I need to use? For example, if I turn off all my Hikashop Joomla modules, I still see things like "Latest Products" on the sidebar of the protostar template. How are these appearing here?
If I go into the HikaShop Modules I can deactivate them one by one and they do disappear, but I do not see where the module position is referenced.
I also would like to know if there is a way to make HikaShop Bootstrap 3 compatible?
Also, do you need to create a specific menu structure for SEO to work? I'm getting some strange URLs like "hikashop-menu-for-module-146"
Sorry for all the questions, but I'm trying to learn as fast as I can and have hit a few stumbling blocks.
Attached is a reference image for what I'm trying to create on the front landing page.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
www.hikashop.com/forum/4-how-to/865505-b...-3-and-hikashop.html
I also found all my module positions (my bad for not seeing them)
Really the only question I have left is possibly is the following:
1. How do I make my URLS search engine friendly as indicated below.
2. How can I make the store landing page look different than let's say the category pages and/or product pages?
superdmon wrote: -- HikaShop version -- : 2.4.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.1
Forgive me if I've missed some documentation somewhere, but I've been hunting around for a while and can't seem to turn up what I need. I think my first mistake may have been my choices on the wizard not being correct, but I'm having a difficult time getting anything to show up correctly on my custom Joomla template. (is there anyway to re-run the wizard?)
I understand how to configure HikaShop (i've even watched the introductory video, etc...)
The problem I'm having is if I want to display a simple list of categories on the left hand side (I have a custom module called "sidebar") and I've been somewhat successful in doing this, however, I notice on the protostar template there are a huge number of hikashop modules I don't see. I'm wondering is there a default module position I need to use? For example, if I turn off all my Hikashop Joomla modules, I still see things like "Latest Products" on the sidebar of the protostar template. How are these appearing here?
If I go into the HikaShop Modules I can deactivate them one by one and they do disappear, but I do not see where the module position is referenced.
I also would like to know if there is a way to make HikaShop Bootstrap 3 compatible?
Also, do you need to create a specific menu structure for SEO to work? I'm getting some strange URLs like "hikashop-menu-for-module-146"
Sorry for all the questions, but I'm trying to learn as fast as I can and have hit a few stumbling blocks.
Attached is a reference image for what I'm trying to create on the front landing page.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Only one question remains, and that is how to differentiate a landing page for the store from other pages. I'm guessing it might be to use a different menu item.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
In the "menu assignment" setting of your modules (when you edit them via the Joomla modules manager), you can restrict them per menu item. So it's, that's a solution.
Also, the extension Advanced Modules Manager has a lot of options to filter modules display with much more fine grained settings that what Joomla can do by default.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Charles
nicolas wrote: Hi,
In the "menu assignment" setting of your modules (when you edit them via the Joomla modules manager), you can restrict them per menu item. So it's, that's a solution.
Also, the extension Advanced Modules Manager has a lot of options to filter modules display with much more fine grained settings that what Joomla can do by default.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.